license on multisite…but not

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions license on multisite…but not

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

hello,

i have a site angelkyodwilliams.com that is *technically* on a multisite, just because it was built that way with the original developers thought was that subsites would be used for topics (rather than whole different sites e.g., blog.angelkyodowilliams.com, author.angelkyodowilliams.com, etc.) the events plugin runs only on the main one. in fact other than the blog, the remaining subsite idea never carried through and haven’t been touched since 2011, not even built out.

my Pro license is asking me to upgrade to a multisite because of this setup. i looked into having the site converted to a single install. it’s a chore and an expense to do so and the customizations means it’s easy for me to rebuild on my own which i would do.

what can i do in this case? i wanted y’all to know i’m really just a single personal site an dnot trying to pilfer for a multisite

Geoff

Hey Angel,

Ha, no worries at all! We totally understand that some sites are creates as multisite networks despite being a single site in practice.

If you can ignore the notice at the top of the screen asking you to upgrade, then you should be all good to go. You will still enjoy all the same functionality as any other license level.

However, if that notice is a pain, then I would consider uninstalling the plugin at the network level and instead installing it on the site level. That way, the license will only be tied to that specific network instance. 🙂

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    Geoff

very helpful, thank you

Geoff

My pleasure! Cheers and feel free to let us know if any other questions pop up — we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘license on multisite…but not’ is closed to new replies.