License Key/Update from Woo Commerce Tickets to Events Tickets Plus

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus License Key/Update from Woo Commerce Tickets to Events Tickets Plus

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Alana Lee
    Participant

Hi, around the time of the Events Tickets Plus Plug-in update last week, the Woo Commerce Tickets on the site stopped working properly. I have read the information about the update and have a few questions –

On the site the plugin license key that was working was still listed under WooCommerce Tickets. With the update, should I be just changing the license key # there or downloading / switching this to Events Tickets Plus? Will all the information need to be revised?

There are also all two billed versions of Events Tickets Plus, one which renews next July and one which renews next November, not sure why.

Thank you!

Geoff B.

Good evening Alana and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

You are absolutely right. WooCommerce tickets has actually been retired for a while now.
    The good news is that all of its features (and many new ones) are available within Event Tickets Plus.

The correct article to perform the migration is: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/moving-to-event-tickets-plus/

As you can see, you will actually need to install the Event Tickets Plus plugin for this to work AND use the Event Tickets Plus license key. Following the guide should make this fairly straightforward.

Your license key for Event Tickets Plus can be found under: https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/license-keys/

There are also all two billed versions of Events Tickets Plus, one which renews next July and one which renews next November, not sure why.

I believe this is because for some reason there was a duplicate entry for the WooTickets license.
    When we made the switch the system automatically generated a license of Event Tickets Plus for each entry of WooTickets.

In any case, you can simply not renew the extra one. We apologize for the confusion this might have caused

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Alana Lee
    Participant

Thank you, Geoff, for this information.

One question, it says the following: “In our testing, events that currently had ticket sales in progress transitioned gracefully to using Event Tickets Plus, without loss of attendee or order information. That said, we recommend that if possible, you make this move when you do not have any ticket sales active. If that is not possible, we’d recommend that you export your order and attendee info for those events, just in case.”

How do I export order and attendee info? I do not see that but I am sure it is there.

Thanks.

Geoff B.

Good evening Alana,

Thank you for taking the time to write back.

How do I export order and attendee info? I do not see that but I am sure it is there.

Usually, this is accessed by going to the tickets section of an Event and looking for the View attendees and View orders button (the labels might be slightly different since you are using an older version).

From these screens, you should be able to print or export any entry.

The following guide is for the most recent version, but it should still provide you with the correct principles to achieve the exports.

Another safety precaution is to do a full database backup in case anything goes wrong.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Alana Lee
    Participant

Hi Geoff, thank you.

One other question – will the PayPal / bank settings be saved?

Thank you.

Alana Lee
    Participant

Hi again Geoff,

Went to do the switch … a few questions – per the instructions for the migration … Events Tickets and Events Tickets Plus had already been in use. I deactivated them on the Plugins page vs. downloading them. I noted that Events Tickets Plus in use is 4.6.1 and went to install 4.6.2 but that failed saying the destination folder exists. Is it okay to use the older version? Or not?

I am not really clear on the two license keys for Events Tickets Plus – one expires in July 2018, the other in November 2018, the one from July is the one that appears linked. So I will use that license key.

Thanks for your assistance. Almost there…

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Alana,

One other question – will the PayPal / bank settings be saved?

Yes, the PayPal settings will be saved since they are stored under WooCommerce settings (which remain untouched by the plugin change).

I deactivated them on the Plugins page vs. downloading them. I noted that Events Tickets Plus in use is 4.6.1 and went to install 4.6.2 but that failed saying the destination folder exists. Is it okay to use the older version? Or not?

It is usually better to use the latest version of our plugins.
    But nothing will break if you are using 4.6.1. The only important thing is that the version of Event Tickets Plus you use was roughly released around the same time as the version of Event Tickets and the Events Calendar plugins (to ensure compatibility).

With that in mind, the message you are getting is correct. You cannot upload a new version using WordPress’ interface while a previous version of the plugin is in place.

The  correct procedure is to first delete the plugin before you can upload the new version (when doing it manually).

I am not really clear on the two license keys for Events Tickets Plus – one expires in July 2018, the other in November 2018, the one from July is the one that appears linked. So I will use that license key.

I can understand. Tell you what, how about you use the one that ends in November (think of it as a holiday gift).

Once that is done, I will remove the other one for clarity’s sake.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Alana Lee
    Participant

Hi, am trying to do this asap. Is someone able to respond? Thanks.

Geoff B.

Good evening Alana,

I did respond. But perhaps the email never it to you for some reason.

Let me know how my suggestions go.

Hang in there!

Geoff B.

Alana Lee
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

I think at that time our emails crossed …. thanks for your response and “gift’ of later License Key renewal date. That all seemed to work, so thank you very much!

Geoff B.

Good evening Alana,

Happy new year!

I am glad this is now all to your liking.

You are welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘License Key/Update from Woo Commerce Tickets to Events Tickets Plus’ is closed to new replies.