License Key and localhost

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO License Key and localhost

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    oniregoc
    Participant

Hello

I have seen some questions in the forum about the fact you can’t use your license on a development local web site…this said you can put your license number and save change ….it works with the mention “sorry, this key is out of installs.”

My questions are:

1) does it affect in any way the normal functions of the plugin ?
    2) is there any way for you to include with each license a “local” identity like in my case 127.0.0.1:1025 ?

Thanks

Geoff

Hi there, Bali! Thanks for getting in touch.

There is definitely no impact on your local development site without the license key. The only thing the license key does is allow you to turn on automatic updates for the plugin. All the rest of the functionality is left completely in tact.

You could register any of your license keys to any address by logging in here to this site and heading to My Account > License Keys. Add the address to next to the license key and that will register the change.

Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know. ๐Ÿ™‚

Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Bali! Just checking in to see if you still needed assistance on this one–please let me know. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

oniregoc
    Participant

Hello,

no it’s ok. In local the key is “out of install” but when synchronizing site online it’s ok …so…no trouble. I update the plugins online and synchro back to local.

Thanks

.bali.

Earl
    Participant

I have a similar concern about installing the license key. I learned only today that that the license key only works with WordPress. Yet, when I installed the-event-calendar and event calendar pro in my WordPress account, I still cannot install the license key.

Another problem: I want to use both plugins with the designcrumbs.com theme for political campaigns that first introduced me to the-event-calendar and event calendar pro. When I tried to use that theme, WordPress wouldn’t allow the theme to be uploaded. How do I solve this problem?

Geoff

Awesome, thanks Bali! I’m glad that things got sorted out there. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Earl! I’ll try to answer your questions right now and then close the thread since this is Bali’s thread and his issue has been resolved. If you still need assistance beyond this, it would be great if you opened a new thread and we’ll help you there. ๐Ÿ™‚

I learned only today that that the license key only works with WordPress.

Yes, The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar PRO are both WordPress plugins. Once you install and activate them, you should be able to go to Events> Settings > Licenses and enter your License Key for the PRO version. Here isย a more detailed tutorial on how to find and input your license key.

When I tried to use that theme, WordPress wouldnโ€™t allow the theme to be uploaded. How do I solve this problem?

This sounds like more of an issue with your theme than it is with The Events Calendar. I’d suggest reaching out to the theme author for more guidance on how to properly install and activate the theme.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘License Key and localhost’ is closed to new replies.