License issue on Pantheon

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO License issue on Pantheon

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Michael McGlynn
    Participant

I’m receiving error messages on all of my licenses (at different intervals) indicating that we are out of installs. The problem is that we are with Pantheon who reports our domain as appserver-43ee5274.c.pantheon-dmz.internal, where 43ee5274 changes based on where the load server sends you. Our primary domain name is never sent. This causes our license to think it’s installed on multiple locations, and therefore giving us the error. I do understand that the plugin will continue to work, and we are simply unable to get automatic updates… but this is not ideal.

Is there:
    a) a simple fix for this other than manually downloading and upgrading the plugins?
    b) some other way to get our primary domain to report back, instead of the Pantheon addresses?

Michael McGlynn
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Michael!

Could you please let us know why does the URL change? Does it affect the main site URL ?

We have various clients that use Pantheon but we’ve never heard of this problem before.

Do you know if Pantheon has an option that enables this URL change somehow?

Please let us know about it.

Thanks,
    Victor

Michael McGlynn
    Participant

Hi Victor,

I found this post:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/license-key-tied-to-site-url-issue/

Which indicated I should put this in wp-config.php:

if ( isset( $_ENV[‘PANTHEON_ENVIRONMENT’] ) ) {
    $_SERVER[‘SERVER_NAME’] = $_SERVER[‘HTTP_HOST’];
    }

We are trying it now to see if it’ll work. According to this document:

https://pantheon.io/docs/server_name-and-server_port/

it’s something we shouldn’t have to do, but we must as The Events Calendar checks for $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] instead of $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']. I’ll post back if it works as we need to wait for our next deployment window to test.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Michael McGlynn. Reason: Added URL of Pantheon Doc
    Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

Thanks for coming back with your findings.

That is surely an interesting issue I haven’t encountered before and the wp-config.php code could be the workaround for it. Please let us know how that works when you can test it out.

In the meantime, I will flag this to the dev team to see if there is something on our end that we should take into account for a next release.

Thanks,
    Victor

Michael McGlynn
    Participant

Hi Victor,

I can confirm that the wp-config.php code I posted does indeed fix this issue. We are now reporting back the proper domain name to The Events Calendar and licenses are working as intended! Let me know if you need any further details.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Michael!

I’m glad the code worked for you. I appreciate you following up to let us know about it.

I reached out to the team regarding this but haven’t had the time to have a look at this, but will definitely let you know in case we need any more details. Thanks for the offer!

As you marked this resolved, I’ll go ahead and close it, but feel free to open a new topic if anything comes up and we’d be happy to assist 🙂

Cheers,
    Victor

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘License issue on Pantheon’ is closed to new replies.