"Leave this event associated with eventbrite.com" & Data Deletion

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets "Leave this event associated with eventbrite.com" & Data Deletion

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Haswell
    Participant

Background:
    So in setting up a couple hundred events on https://simracewaydrivingschool.com/events/

i have been using eventbrite as the master event record and then ingesting this data to MT events Calender Pro via the eventbrite plugin.

Having now resolved a number of bigs bugs with you to get to this stage, all has been going relatively swimmingly. Except i have discovered a new formatting bug which relates to the “Leave the event associated with eventbrite functionality”. When bringing an event into MT ECP with the eventbrite tool it brings in all the copy and imagery , which is great but it doesn’t automatically make any header image the “featured image” and if you add this image as a featured image (so that it shows in the rollover on the calender view) then you get the image twice, which looks a little jenky on the main event page view.

TO solve this we have been working around by:
    – ingesting the event via eventbrite plugin
    – deleting the header image
    – then adding this image back as the featured image in WP

however we noticed that in deleting this image from the WP instance of the event listing it then deletes it from the eventbrite listing due to the “Leave this event associated with eventbrite.com” function.

so we have started un checking that but of course have now realized that this removes the ability to purchase tickets! which is a problem.

any bright ideas as to how we might solve this situation this?

cheers

Jonathan

(BTW the google maps not rendering issue still isn’t resolved but that’s not a show stopper us, we have jsut resorted to using the link – less visually appealing but it works)

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Jonathan. Thanks for the detailed summary of what’s going on for you.

We are currently working on a new feature for Eventbrite Tickets where you will be able to selectively update the event, but, unfortunately, it’s not going to make it into our next release.

Here’s what I have done, historically, on my own sites:

1. Go to the event editing screen in EB.
    2. Copy the contents of the Event description.
    3. Change the event in TEC.
    4. Click to update.
    5. Reload the Eventbrite editing page.
    6. Paste the description over the changed one from TEC.
    7. Save the Eventbrite event.

Because the updates only flow one direction (TEC -> EB) This will result in an updated TEC page, and a preserved EB page. We know that this is suboptimal at best and are working to implement something in our UI that will alleviate the need for this sort of thing.

Thanks for your patience, and happy holidays! 🙂

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to pop in here with a quick update. Although we were not able to get a fix for this into our imminent 3.3 release, it is still on the radar for inclusion in a future build. Thanks for your patience!

~Leah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘"Leave this event associated with eventbrite.com" & Data Deletion’ is closed to new replies.