Latest Version: 4.0.5

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Latest Version: 4.0.5

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rrrpca
    Participant

4.0.5 version is not working. List view (see screen), monthly view (white page)

View post on imgur.com

I tried to re-install Latest Version: 4.0.5 over the existing- installation failed.
    I did not delete the corrupted Latest Version: 4.0.5 version. Afraid I lost all my data.

Would it not better you re-issue a working version as 4.0.6 so wordpress could installing it automatic

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Andreas,

I am sorry you got hit by that bad 4.0.5 release. We try to react extremely timely to any security vulnerabilities. But we obviously were too hasty this time, especially considering the vulnerability was not publicly known and there are no known cases of it being exploited. We should have tested it a bit more.

To do any kind of manual plugin update, reinstall, or downgrade, you should delete the plugin folder first. WordPress itself deletes the folder before copying over the fresh one from the plugin .zip file, that’s just how updates work. However, that said WordPress also recommend that do a backup before updating. Whether that update is “automatic” through the WP Admin, or manual, it is highly advisable to first backup WordPress. Many people choose to not backup and just update anyway, but there is always a small chance of catastrophe when going this route.

In short, I am advising you to first to backup (Tutorial: Updating WordPress and Making Backups) just to be doubly safe. From there delete the The Events Calendar plugin folder, and install the latest zip from WordPress.org: The Events Calendar. And you should be all set with no more 4.0.5 errors.

Does that all make sense? Do those steps fix it? Please let me know.

Cheers!

– Brook

rrrpca
    Participant

Thanks
    One more question, if I remove the event calendar folder, does that also deletes all my event data?

Brook
    Participant

Good question. The event data is stored in your database, so deleting the folder should not touch your data. The folder you want to delete is located inside the WP folder:

/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar

Let me know if you have anymore questions. Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Latest Version: 4.0.5’ is closed to new replies.