Language files

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Language files

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michalis
    Participant

Hi,

The greek languages files that exists in “wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/lang” are not fully updated. Therefore i did some changes in both the-events-calendar-el.mo & the-events-calendar-el.po. The problem is that every time i update the plugin those changes are being overridden again and again. Is there any way you can include the latest updated files in your future updated? I am attaching you the greek files as i updated them.

Thanks

Geoff B.

Good evening George and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Actually, you can totally contribute officially to the Greek translation of our plugins.
    In fact, we like to reward our contributors with free licenses as a token of our appreciation.

You might want to read this:

Ultimately, all official translation contributions are done here: http://translations.theeventscalendar.com/projects

We then integrate changes made here in our plugins each time we release an update or a new version.

The problem is that every time i update the plugin those changes are being overridden again and again.

There is actually a workaround for this: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/how-to-override-plugin-language-files/

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Michalis
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I can see that there are already many greek translations waiting for your approval since 25/04/2017. When do you plan approving those translation and include them in your next updates/releases?

Geoff B.

Good evening George,

Thank you for taking the time to write back.

You are absolutely correct. There are a few pending Greek translations waiting for approval for Event Tickets.

The way this works is that the translation approval for our free plugins ( the Events Calendar and Event Tickets ) is handled by the WordPress Greek Polyglot community: https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/teams/?locale=el

In other words, we actually have no approval power over these. The are in the hands of the General translation editors and Project Translation editors.

Once they approve the strings, they are automatically packaged in our following release.

As you can see on this page, you can even reach out to them (to ask about pending approvals) and offer to become a Project Translation Editor for the Events Calendar and Event Tickets should you wish to.

I have had good success reaching folks from the different language Community using Slack.

With that in mind, the premium plugins translation approval process is entirely under our control. We always make sure that these are approved in a timely fashion.

Have a good weekend,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Language files’ is closed to new replies.