Language files – missing strings? Norwegian

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Language files – missing strings? Norwegian

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Hjelseth
    Participant

Hi, cant find any of these four words I need to translate into norwegian.
    I have checked both The Events Calendar, Event Ticket Plus and Event Tickets in the language files.

Could you please have a look at the attached images?

Geoff B.

Good evening and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

First off, I would like to apologize for the delay answering.
    We are currently experiencing a higher level of requests than usual.

Please rest assured that we are working hard at correcting this situation.
    We appreciate your patience while we try to normalize things.

When translation file strings are not kicking in or seem to be missing, it is usually caused by one of the following things:

1. Your translation files are not up to date
    2. You are using some customized translation files that have been placed in the /wp-content/languages/ or /wp-content/languages/plugins/ folder. These might not be updated and will override any other file.
    3. The strings are translated, but are considered “fuzzy”

In the first 2 cases, the solution is to update your translation files using the pot file. You can do this by using the Poedit software and heading to Catalog > Update from pot file.

In the last case, you will need to make them “unfuzzy” using Poedit.

Circling back to your specific screenshots, the strings you are looking for might sometimes use variables (which is why you cannot find them):

• “All Kurs” probably looks like “All %s” (where %s is the variable)
    • The “Attendee 1” string is probably “Attendee %s” (and found in Event Tickets or Event Tickets Plus language files)

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Hjelseth
    Participant

Thank you for your explanations! We finally managed to find out what caused the issue. The issue was related to the translation files having capital letters .MO .PO, instead of small letters.

However, there is still an issue with “All Kurs”. There is no string to be translated related to “All”. I’ve checked both language files (event-ticket & event-ticket-plus)

Suggestions?

Geoff B.

Good afternoon,

I am super stoked that you were able to identify the source of the issue.
    You are absolutely right, most files are case sensitive on a web server.

The “All %s” string will be located in the Events Calendar’s language files, not Event Tickets or Event Tickets Plus.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Language files – missing strings? Norwegian’ is closed to new replies.