Known Conflicts with The Events Calendar Pro and Divi Theme

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Known Conflicts with The Events Calendar Pro and Divi Theme

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mandy Roberson

I’ve searched your forum, as well as Google, and it seems to be a mixed bag of responses. Currently, in March 2016, with all current versions of Divi and The Events Calendar Pro, are there any known conflicts? I am considering purchasing the multi-site license for the plugin and do not wish to throw my money away if it won’t be fully compatible with the Divi theme already implemented on these sites.

Thank you!

Hunter

Hey Mandy 🙂

Thanks for reaching out. While we can’t guarantee you’ll experience zero conflicts, we do have a decent amount of users on the Divi theme. This means the amount of dcoumented support/conversation can contribute to solving issues should they arise.

Additionally, our support team members are here to assist you should conflicts arise and at the least, point you in the right direction to a solution. Lastly, we offer a 30-day money back “trial” period. So, if worst comes to worst (99/100 it doesn’t), we can refund your entire purchase so long as it’s within 30 days.

Let me know if I’ve sufficiently addressed your concerns and please reply back if you have any more questions. Thank you again for dropping in and enjoy the rest of your week!

pderathe
    Participant

I think that the compatibility doesn’t exit anymore, yet.

Events Calendar (Version 4.1.0.1 ) isn’t compatible anymore with the DIVI builder (DIVI Version 2.6.4.4) (it was compatible in the past)

The Divi builder functions don’t show in the Event Calendar editor. So we loose all the good things of the builder.

And the answer of the Modern Tribes support is “We have no specific plans to integrate with any non-standard WordPress theme features.”

So I’d like to know some integrators who have no issue between Events Calendar and Divi.

Best regards

Pascal

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by pderathe.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by pderathe.
    Hunter

Hello Pascal,

I wish I had more answers for you but we build our plugins and test them on the default WP theme. We are unfortunately unable to guarantee compatibility with every theme due to numerous reasons.

With the amount of customers using both The Events Calendar/PRO and the DIVI theme, there is luckily a decent amount of existing topics relating to the two. This means you’ve got more documentation available.

Best of luck getting the two to play nicely and thank you for the patience and understanding. Enjoy your week!

Dan Feeley
    Participant

We use Divi and Events Calendar exclusively with almost no issues. They work very well together.

@pderathe
    , the issue with the builder not working on custom post types is Divi’s not the Events Calendar. Elegant Themes does not appear to want to support it. There is a workaround for it that we have been using since Divi 2.4, you just need to add it to your functions.php.

@Hunter, if I can’t post this please just delete it.

add_filter( 'et_builder_post_types', 'rbs_et_builder_post_types' );

function rbs_et_builder_post_types ($post_types) {
    		$custom_post_types = array (
    			'tribe_events',
    			// 'sfwd-courses', - add more CPT's if needed
    		);

$new_post_types = array_merge($post_types, $custom_post_types);
    		return $new_post_types;
    	}

pderathe
    Participant

@danfeeley
    Thanks for your answer
    I tried to insert the code you proposed in my function.php

but the result is the same : I don’t see the “Use Divi Buider” button

See 2 screen captures here :
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/runo9obla6m6cnw/160401-test-danfeeley-proposal.jpg?dl=0

Any other Idea , please ?

Best regards

Pascal

Dan Feeley
    Participant

@pderathe,

Actually, I may. Thanks for including the picture. I just tested it on my system and it appears that the TinyMCE toolbar is what is causing the issue. I just installed it on my system and the Divi Builder disappeared.

pderathe
    Participant

@danfeeley

Thanks for your answer.

I immediatly de-activated Tiny MCE … and no change ! 🙁 (it could be THE good idea)

So I de-activated all plugins (except “The Events Calendar”, of course) and still … no change : the builder doesn’t show

As the different supports (Ithemes and modern Tribes) asked I did it already with the same result.

So on my side I still consider that there is an non-compatility between “The Events Calendar” and the builder of Divi.

Best regards

Pascal

Hunter

Hey Dan,

You’re the man! Thanks for assisting Pascal with these Divi conflicts. We couldn’t be more thankful and please let us know if there’s anything we can do to assist 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Known Conflicts with The Events Calendar Pro and Divi Theme’ is closed to new replies.