Keyword Search Organizers

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Keyword Search Organizers

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Ricci.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ricci
    Participant

I’ve looked through support online here and elsewhere. I’m trying to ADD organizers to the search. I’m seeing they are excluded by default, which I find odd, and that there’s no way to just have a checkbox to include them. I’ve found the WP hook which is used to include and exclude post types, and with various different options have tried to re-include the post type, but they still don’t output. I’m sure there’s some simple code snippet out there, but nothing I can find.

Thanks much!

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Ricci,

I’m happy to help here! ๐Ÿ™‚

Unfortunately, a customization like this to the Event Calendar PRO plugin is outside the scope of the support we offer here. ย However, the good news is that you can sort by organizer fairly easily with our Filter Bar plugin. ๐Ÿ™‚ You can see the functionality demonstrated here on our demo site, WP Shindig.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,

Shelby ๐Ÿ™‚

Ricci
    Participant

And you’ve never seen any sort of snippet or other thread? I cannot possible imagine nobody else has asked for this, nor has someone else solved it, just trying to get a lead on where that is. I’m a developer, I can do the coding from scratch if I have to, but it’d be nice to find something that exists.

Also, why in the world would you cripple something….from what I have read, organizers in the search is “turned off” by default, and it’s possible to “turn off” venues in the search too. Why can’t this just be flipped back on. Again, I’m just looking for a lead for some code, not asking for custom programming to be done.

The filter is nice, but just a list of the organizers is something we already have. The idea is an each of use, simple keyword search to find them…..keyword search is a pretty standard primary interface into web based content these days.

Thanks!!!

Chad

Ricci
    Participant

Disregard the previous, created a super simple function to reinclude all the excluded post types in the search.

Teresa
    Participant

Would you mind sharing your solution please? Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Keyword Search Organizers’ is closed to new replies.