Keeping a single URL for recurring event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Keeping a single URL for recurring event

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cobea
    Participant

HI,
    I am using TEC Pro for creating recurring events and I’d really like to be able to keep a single url for this type of events (like it works on standard events), only displaying a list of dates and times on the single event template.

Is there a way to do that ?

Thanks

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi cobea,

Thanks for reaching out! Great question!

All recurring events have a url like the below:

https://domain.com/event/3-day-event/all/

While this is not exactly the same, as it has “/all” in the url at the end, it does give you a list of all recurrences of that event.

In case you would like to also remove the “/all”, then will need some customization work.

If you would like to redirect all instances to the “/all” page, that can be done via a redirection plugin like this easily. You can use regular expressions to redirect urls of a recurring event to the “/all” page.

Please note that based on our support policy we are limited in doing customizations. I can help you get started and give you pointers, but you will need to do the heavy lifting yourself.

I hope this helps you get started. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Cheers,
    Andras

cobea
    Participant

Hi Andras, thank you for your answer.

Indeed it is not exactly what I ment as I’d like to remove the all from the URL but also (and mainly) because what I aim to achieve is having a standard event page with all the common information (Details, Organizzer, Venue, etc.) AND all the occurrences of this event listed as a simple list of dates and hours.

I guess what I mean is that I don’t really get the point of spliting occurrences into different pages as the core datas of the event is the same, so I think it would be best to have what I tried to get, always a single event page with an additional block listing the different occurrences of the event (from which I guess only date and time shoud be displayed as this is the only datas that differ anyway).

Other thing (I guess it should be another thread) I got issues with the links towards the “All” page from an occurrence of an event :
    it is always : mysitze.com/events/event/year-month-day/all/
    insted of : mysitze.com/events/event/all/

Thank you for helping me !

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi cobea,

Thanks for the clarification!

How you described recurrence handling is definitely also a valid approach. While this is not easily possible out of the box, it most probably can be done with some customization.

One approach can be setting up single events and stating the different times in the event description field. (You can start with creating a recurring event, then breaking it up into single events.) Note though that even though the event is the same but on different days, they all need to have a different url. I.e:

ysitze.com/events/event/event-name
    ysitze.com/events/event/event-name-1
    ysitze.com/events/event/event-name-2

What you can do is redirect all the events to the first URL.

You can also try working this out with template overrides, though I’m not sure if how our recurring event handling is structured will allow you to achieve exactly what you outlined. The 2 resources that can help you started on this are:

Hope this help. If you have any more questions, let me know.

Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Keeping a single URL for recurring event’ is closed to new replies.