Keep getting warnings/nags about renewing license, when it's renewed

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Keep getting warnings/nags about renewing license, when it's renewed

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Participant

I have tried to work with support on this before and I figured the nags would go away. However, I still get renewal notices and just got an email today telling me my plugin has stopped updating. I think this is a quirk, maybe in the FB events / event agg plugin roll out. Any way we can change this on the TEC support side so I can stop receiving these? Thanks.

Leah

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the confusion here. We don’t mean to bug you 🙂

I looked at your account and you have an expired license for Event Aggregator, in addition to a valid one. The email you received was probably triggered by that expired license. If you’d like, we can go ahead and fully delete the expired license from your account so that doesn’t happen again. Just confirm that works for you and I can take care of that ASAP. Thanks for your support!

Best,

Leah

Steve
    Participant

Sure, we don’t use it any longer since it’s been discontinued, just need ECP and Event agg current licenses. Thanks!

Michael Foldes
    Participant

This happened to me, also, I have asked for the expired license to be
    deleted. I was told since the duplicate license I automatically and
    mistakenly paid for had expired and was no longer eligible for a refund. Now
    I get another notice and if I did not recognize the issue I might have paid
    for it again whether I needed it or not. I wonder how many thousands of
    people have received notices and ended up duplicating their licenses without
    knowing they were throwing money away. Really like the program, but this
    glitch in your registration process needs to be fixed.

Barry

Sure, we don’t use it any longer since it’s been discontinued, just need ECP and Event agg current licenses. Thanks!

Done!

Barry

I wonder how many thousands of people have received notices and ended up duplicating their licenses without knowing they were throwing money away. Really like the program, but this glitch in your registration process needs to be fixed.

We’re reviewing this and will see what we can – we really appreciate the feedback. In the meantime, I’ve deleted the expired license key associated with your account to avoid any confusion in the future.

Steve
    Participant

Just got another notice in the email today. :/

—-

Hi Steve,

We hate to tell you this, but you’ve been missing out. ?

In just the past 10 months, we’ve released over 60 updates for our premium plugins. Since you have an expired license, you didn’t get all of those updates for your site.

Lucky for you, it’s not too late to renew and update your plugins to the latest versions. You’ve still got one week left to use your 10% off renewal discount – take advantage now so you don’t miss any other releases.
    Save 10% now

Not sure which license is expired? Your License Keys page lists any expired licenses for your account. Use your 10% discount to renew them all with coupon code Renewal10.

Barry

Hi Steve,

I’m sorry about that: you do have one other expired license (but it is for a plugin that we’ve discontinued, so I did not expect it to trigger further emails).

I’ve now removed that also, so hopefully this will be an end to the problems and I’ll be sure to highlight this further issue with the team.

Thanks again for your continued support 🙂

Steve
    Participant

That should be the only expired license is the discontinued addon. Was a different license notification removed earlier? I’m confused 🙂

Barry

Sorry for the confusion! Previously, you had two expired license keys:

• One for Event Aggregator
    • One for Facebook Events

Event Aggregator is of course an active and functional service and I incorrectly assumed that was the only one which would trigger renewal emails (as Facebook Events itself is no longer sold or supported) … so I initially removed only the first of those license keys — but both have now been deleted.

Does that clarify things?

Steve
    Participant

Hmm, a little. I still have my license for Event Agg + ECP, Expires on: Mar 9th, 2018.

I’m not sure why there was another event agg license on there and expiring at that, but so long as my current licenses are fine (they seem to be ) and I stop getting nags, I’m happy 🙂 Thanks

Barry

Well, hopefully, things will be just fine (if you do get unexpected emails in the future please don’t hesitate to let us know, however).

I’m not sure why there was another event agg license on there and expiring at that

Probably because you have previously purchased Facebook Events: that plugin is no longer supported and when support ended we granted Event Aggregator licenses to all of our customers who still had valid Facebook Events license keys (and the expiry date of those automatically generated keys would have matched the expiry of your former Facebook Events license).

At any rate, I think we’re good now and will go ahead and close this topic unless you have further questions 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Keep getting warnings/nags about renewing license, when it's renewed’ is closed to new replies.