Just updated to version 3 and all events disappeared!

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Just updated to version 3 and all events disappeared!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Cynthia Lockley
    Participant

I updated the Calendar first and then Calendar Pro as instructed. I went to the settings and noticed in Housekeeping that I had 0 expired events. Before the update, I had 28 expired events. Next I checked my list of Events and there are none. The venus and organizers are there but none of the events. We had a new event that was posted yesterday. Now the calendar in the sidebar only shows regular posts–no event posts. How do I get my events back?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Cynthia,

Pardon me for my ignorance, but what is Housekeeping? Do you have active events in your events list in the Administration? For the calendar widget you need to add the new widget in place of the old widget. It’s showing the default WordPress calendar widget. Sorry about that.

– Jonah

Cynthia Lockley
    Participant

Housekeeping is one of your widget plugins: The Events Calendar Housekeeper. http://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar-housekeeper/ Adds tools to keep your events under control. This version targets Events Calendar PRO 3.x. Version 1.2.1 | By Barry Hughes
    I read about it in the forum “Removing Expired Events From Database” https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/removing-expired-events-from-database/#post-27532
    On June 17, I installed the earlier version that you guys released for Version 2.0.2. It identified 28 expired events but would not clean them up. I wrote a thread about that and was told to wait for the 3.0 release and then install the Housekeeper for version 3. Perhaps it did work for the ones that were expired once 3.0.1 of Pro was installed but we had a future event that should still show. So I don’t know where the problem may be at: Housekeeper cleaned out too much? Version 3.0.1 wiped it all out? or the database got munged somehow in the update?

Cynthia Lockley
    Participant

Before the update, we had 28 expired events and one future event. I installed the updates early this morning: (1) The Events Calendar to Version 3.0, (2) The Events Calendar Pro to Version 3.0.1, and (3) The Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets to Version 3.0. That is what shows in my list of installed plugins. I started going through the settings for Version 3 and when I discovered there were no events, I stopped and didn’t change the calendar widget. I’ll do that now but that will only fix the sidebar widget, right?

Cynthia Lockley
    Participant

Hi,
    OK I looked at the widgets and saw that the update to version 3 had moved the calendar widget out of the sidebar and left the standard WP calendar there. It might have helped if that was explained in the Readme file. So the Events Calendar widget now shows in the sidebar but I’ll need to do some heavy mods to the CSS to make it look nice with the Twenty Eleven theme. The top part is too tall and it’s all gray.

By the way, I called the Housekeeper plugin “Housekeeping” because that is what it says on the tab in the Events Calendar Settings.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Cynthia,

That plugin was written by one of our support personel but is not supported by us here and support is “as is” via the wordpress.org forum. You’ll have to go through there for any issues you are running in to with that plugin.

Did you need help with anything else?

– Jonah

Cynthia Lockley
    Participant

Well, I guess I can assume that the Housekeeper plugin worked by cleaning out the database, the future event was never posted, and ask the poster to post it again. If it doesn’t show, I’ll be back.

Jonah
    Participant

Sounds good Cynthia, let us know if there’s anything else you need.

– Jonah

karen
    Participant

Housekeeping is not a TRIBE plugin. It makes a very clear disclaimer that it is NOT.

Cynthia Lockley
    Participant

Settings for The Events Calendar Housekeeper are in a tab called “Housekeeping” in The Events Calendar Settings page. This indicates it is integrated with The Events Calendar and appears to be part of The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar Pro package. They seem to be working together fine now. You may close this thread.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Cynthia,

The plugin author hooked into our options interface to add it as a tab to make it’s setting panel more seamless. Sorry if this was confusing for you. I’m glad it’s working for you now. Let us know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Just updated to version 3 and all events disappeared!’ is closed to new replies.