Just renewed WooCommerce Tickets and License Key for Event Tickets Plus Expired!

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Just renewed WooCommerce Tickets and License Key for Event Tickets Plus Expired!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    onlinecreative
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I just renewed Woocommerce Tickets and Events Calendar Pro licenses as were up for renewal, and now I’m seeing that my Event Tickets Plus license has expired. I only renewed my WooCommerce Tickets license with the understanding that I was getting Event Tickets Plus. I actually do not need WooCommerce Tickets any more now that this Event Tickets Plus is available. Is it possible to swap the license over please?

Secondly in using Event Tickets Plus, I’m told I’m supposed to be seeing a QR Code at the bottom of the ticket. I can’t seem to get one to show. Not sure why.

Lastly, Is there a way to add custom text to the ticket itself that the customer receives? I’ve tried adding custom text to the ticket but it only shows on the ticket page not on the printed ticket itself.

Thanks

Richard

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues here. I can help out.

I have reactivated the license for Event Tickets Plus, do you see it now in your account with an expiration date of 1 year from today?

QR Codes
    The QR Codes are in the ticket email under each ticket. If you create a new ticket with Tickets Plus active (and WooCommerce Tickets deactivated) do they show there or are they not showing on older tickets?

Custom Text
    For custom text on the tickets you would have to follow our themer’s guide to modify the template:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

This is the location of the template to move and modify:

plugins/event-tickets/src/views/tickets/email.php

QR Codes Check-in
    As for QR codes here is a quick guide too:

How to check in using Ticket Plus’s QR Codes:

1. Get an App for your phone or tablet that can read QR codes (Scan for IOS is what I use)
    2. Setup the Scanner App to open in a browser or in the app itself (I used Chrome as my browser with the app and signed in there)
    3. In either sign into your site with at least a author level account or create a special account with edit_posts and read capabilities (User Role Editor is an easy plugin to do this with)
    4. Scan the QR Code and you will get a success message such as “This Ticket with ID xxxx was checked in.”

If you are just seeing the event page with no success message it does not recognize you as logged in.

Also, please make sure to have cookies turned on so your login will work. ‘

Cheers

onlinecreative
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Thank you so much for the prompt response, very much appreciated!

All working fine now.

FYI: Regarding the case of the missing QR Code, when I went to add the template files to our theme, I saw that we’d already done that with the initial install way back when. There was an old “Email” template file in the theme files that was being called instead of the new one in the plugin. Once I updated the version in the theme file, Presto! QR Code appears!

One last question, is there any way to preview the ticket email without having to keep going and ordering a ticket and checking sent emails?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Glad it is all working now.

There is not Preview of the Ticket Email besides sending it to yourself.

You can resend tickets from the individual order screen in WooCommerce.

That is in the Upper Right Corer Action Dropdown.

Otherwise, if you think that is something you would like as a feature I encourage you to visit our User Voice Page and either upvote an existing request or make a new request there.

http://tribe.uservoice.com/

onlinecreative
    Participant

Thanks Brian,

I’ll consider adding this as a feature request. I think it’s definitely more useful to test for content edits on tickets.

Cheers and thanks again for your help!

Brian
    Keymaster

Sounds good.

I am going to go ahead and close this ticket, but if you need help on this or something else please post a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Just renewed WooCommerce Tickets and License Key for Event Tickets Plus Expired!’ is closed to new replies.