Just purchased Events pro wordpress plugin and I get a php error when activating

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Just purchased Events pro wordpress plugin and I get a php error when activating

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    joelarkinjr
    Participant

see error code below:

Fatal Error
    (hide details) (remove)

The site encountered a problem that it cannot recover from. Please use the following information to try to resolve the problem.
    Error Message

Fatal Error: Cannot re-assign auto-global variable _POST in /home/godswo5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/tribe-eventbrite.class.php on line 1268

Description

The The Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets plugin code created an error that caused PHP execution to fail.
    Solutions

Invalid code modifications can cause this problem. If you have made any modifications to the plugin, remove them and try to load the site again.
    It is possible that this plugin’s code is out of date and that an upgrade is available. Check with the plugin’s author to see if an upgrade is available.
    There may be a conflict with another plugin running on the site. Try upgrading the other plugins on the site. A plugin conflict can be ruled out by deactivating all the other active plugins on the site and checking to see if the error still occurs.
    The The Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets plugin may not have been fully uploaded. Uploading the plugin again could fix the issue. Important: If you do this, you will lose any modifications made to the plugin.

Error Source Details
    Type Plugin
    Name The Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets
    Version 1.0.5
    Author Modern Tribe, Inc.
    Path /home/godswo5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets
    File tribe-eventbrite.class.php
    Other Software Details
    WordPress Version 3.5.1
    PHP Version 5.4.14
    Full Error Details
    Type Zend Compile-Time Error (E_COMPILE_ERROR)
    Message Cannot re-assign auto-global variable _POST
    File /home/godswo5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/tribe-eventbrite.class.php
    Line 1268
    Type Description This type of error indicates that the PHP code is violating a restriction enforced by PHP. An example of such a violation is trying to use a reserved word for a class or function name.

Note that this message is generated by iThemes.com products when an error is encountered on the site. While an iThemes product is generating this message, it is not necessarily the cause of the problem.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi joelarkinjr,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you on this. Please try applying the following patch by replacing /wp-content/plugins/eventbrite-tickets/tribe-eventbrite.class.php with this version: http://cl.ly/code/2w052P352Z0E

Let me know how that goes.

Regards,
    Jonah

Erik
    Participant

I had the same error.
    I applied the new .php file and after activating successfully I get this warning:
    “The following plugins are out of date: The Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets 1.0.3. Please update now. All add-ons contain dependencies on The Events Calendar and will not function properly unless paired with the right version. Want to pair an older version?”

Jonah
    Participant

Sorry about that Erik, try this copy: http://cl.ly/code/0K0N0o2G0m2R

– Jonah

Erik
    Participant

@Jonah West, Oh no worries at all. Thank you for the quick fix.

Jonah
    Participant

Sure Erik, did that work for you?

– Jonah

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Just purchased Events pro wordpress plugin and I get a php error when activating’ is closed to new replies.