JSON Link Data date is incorrect, Google thinks our events occur the next day

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO JSON Link Data date is incorrect, Google thinks our events occur the next day

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Noble Studios
    Participant

We are experiencing an issue with the linked data feature of the Events Calendar. When searching for our events in Google, the search results are showing that wrong day for any event that starts at 5pm or later PST.

I setup a fresh install of WordPress and only have the Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro installed. WordPress timezone is set to America/Los_Angeles, as is the timezone in the server level php.ini, as well as actual server local time.

I created an event that starts at 8pm September 27. The date is presented correctly when viewing the event details,however the resulting JSON data when viewing the event details shows the event starts September 29th at 3am. Now, it’s clear that the plugin is rendering a UTC date. Converting my PST date, 9/27/2015 8pm, to UTC, does become 9/28/2015 3am. This is a problem as Google is not converting the date, and is showing that event starts the following day.

The json data looks like: [{“@context”:”http://schema.org”,”@type”:”Event”,”name”:”Test Event”,”url”:”http://wordpress.local/index.php/event/test-event/”,”startDate”:”2015-09-29T03:00:00+00:00″,”endDate”:”2015-09-29T05:00:00+00:00″}]

I am pretty sure that the data should actually show the correct PST date with the timezone offset. For example, startDate should be “startDate”:”2015-09-28T8:00:00+07:00″.

Geoff

Hey there and sorry for the trouble here!

Just wanted to let you know that we are looking into this for you–this is certainly an odd issue and we’re trying to replicate it on our end to see how to move forward. Thanks for your patience while we work on it!

Geoff

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Just following up here as well, does the issue persist if you switch the timezone for your WordPress installation to the UTC format rather than the location based setting?

Thanks!

Noble Studios
    Participant

The issue does persist when I change the timezone.

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Would you mind sending us a link to your site as well as the system information from the “Help” tab within the Event settings within your WordPress dashboard?

Thanks!

Noble Studios
    Participant

We will need to setup a demo site as we have patched the staging and production sites temporarily to resolve our clients immediate needs. We will get the test site online asap. Thanks for your help!

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks! Look forward to getting the information from you. For the system info, be sure to set the status of the reply to private.

Thanks!

Lara
    Participant

I am having this issue too. My website is http://www.peia.org. Please let me know how to fix it. I have hundreds of people here adding events with the wrong times on them.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Lara,

Thanks for reaching out to us! Looking at your site it appears that the issue you’re facing might be different than the original issue described in this thread.

Would you mind opening a new thread with a little more information about the problems you’re experiencing on your site?

Thanks!

Lara
    Participant

Sorry – I tried to delete my reply. I realized right after I posted that my issue wasn’t related to this thread and I fixed it. Sorry for the confusion!

Josh
    Participant

Hey Lara,

No problem at all 🙂

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘JSON Link Data date is incorrect, Google thinks our events occur the next day’ is closed to new replies.