Jetpack's Widget Visibility broken by updating to ECP 3.9.1

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Jetpack's Widget Visibility broken by updating to ECP 3.9.1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    theukedge
    Participant

On a couple of sites that I oversee, I updated The Events Calendar PRO this morning along with other plugins, after which I noticed that some ads on the sites were no longer displaying. The ads are in widgets, using the Widget Visibility feature. The ads which are set to “Show” when on “Front Page” are not appearing (on the front page or elsewhere), while the other ad block, which is set to “Hide” when on “Front Page” (thus creating ads just for the front page and another set for everywhere else, occupying the same space) show on the front page (which they shouldn’t), and are showing everywhere else on the site (as they should be).

So for whatever, the logic that tells a widget to display or hide when viewing the front page has been broken by 3.9.1.

On hpcwire.com (the production site) I have temporarily disabled ECP, so that you can see what the site should look like (and so that we can have our ad commitments fulfilled) and I have created a staging site, where I reactivated ECP, so that you can see the issues. Note that on the staging site front page, the ads aren’t displaying because conditional logic is not declaring the ad zones that it’s trying to display, because they shouldn’t be on the front page, but the code trying to display the ads does appear in the source code.

theukedge
    Participant

This reply is private.

cfcpca
    Participant

I am having the exact problem. I reverted back to 3.9.0 and my widgets re-appeared.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you guys are having.

So the Visibility Function is showing in the Widget in the Admin, but it is not working on the Front End, correct?

Does the Visibility function work if there are no Events Calendar Widgets in the widget areas?

Let me know and we can go from there.

Thanks

theukedge
    Participant

That’s correct. The Widget Visibility settings are all still there and programmed as they should be, but it is not functioning correctly on the front-end.

I tried removing the Events Calendar widgets, refreshed the page, but still the issue persists.

Quinton
    Participant

theukedge – Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I’ve been messing with this four 4 hrs. I reverted back to version 3.9 and voila, my widgets are showing correctly again!

Please let me know when there is a bug fix for this. I know the guys here aren’t responsible to provide third party support; however, Jetpack is a major plugin and should be considered.

http://hrvstmrkt.com/category/recipes/

Thanks,
    ~Q

Home

li3d
    Participant

Same problem and it affects all widgets!

Brian
    Keymaster

Sorry for the issues everyone is having. We are still looking into this more.

If you are having issues, I would suggest downgrading to 3.9 before a fix can be released.

I will update this ticket here once I have more information.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

We have looked into this more and found a bug where a function checks for the Event List Widget and when it does not find it it exits the script, which causes the issues you are having.

We are going to work to have a fix in the next release and I will post some coding here as soon as we have something that can fix the issue.

Thanks

li3d
    Participant

Good news 🙂

Brian
    Keymaster

So I have a fix that can be used right now if you would like to use 3.9.1 and JetPack.

This is not an issue in 3.9 and should be fixed in the next release(3.10), which will not be released until late Winter or Spring.

Before trying any of the methods below it is a good idea to backup your site.

To resolve this conflict replace all the coding in this file:

events-calendar-pro\lib\widget-advanced-list.class.php

With this:

https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/acb7e80a7239de8cd582

If do not want to update to 3.9.1 the List Widget will not have styling and you will want to add this snippet to your theme’s function.php to fix the issue.

https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/9ac665ddcdef95c8a2e5

Please let me know if you run into any issues or it works for you.

Thanks

li3d
    Participant

Seems to work well with 1st method thanks 🙂

Brian
    Keymaster

Great, glad it is working. Let me know if you run into any issues.

Thanks

Quinton
    Participant

Thanks Brian! Updating to 3.9.1 and replacing the widget-advanced-list.class.php file worked like a charm. I really appreciate the quick response.

Q

Dorian Speed
    Participant

Same problem on multiple sites, and so far this fix has worked.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Jetpack's Widget Visibility broken by updating to ECP 3.9.1’ is closed to new replies.