Javascript not working on back end; can't identify conflict

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Javascript not working on back end; can't identify conflict

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kelly
    Participant

Hi – we recently installed the Events Calendar at http://www.forgionetutoring.com/blog/events and, soon after, upgraded to the Events Calendar Pro. I tested the Events Calendar (free) on a test site hosted on Bluehost. Everything worked great. However, on the live install (Yahoo/Aabaco hosted) and subsequently with the Pro install, it appears the Javascript controlling the Location & Organizer dropdowns is not working. Neither is the ability to schedule a series of Events, which is critical. I’ve completed all testing for conflict steps on the live install to no avail. No theme conflict, no plug-in conflict. When I switch to Twenty Sixteen, disable all other plug-ins and clear cache, the script is still not working. Also tried Twenty Fourteen, and that didn’t yield any change, either. Is there a known issue with Aabaco hosting, possibly? It’s the only key difference I can think of between test environment and live. Thanks for any insight – K

Barry

Thanks for contacting us, Kelly.

I’m sorry you’ve hit up against difficulties and would love to look at this in some more detail with you.

I’m familiar with the Yahoo brand, but not their hosting services — nor have I heard of Aabaco before now. It does sound like you’ve performed some pretty comprehensive troubleshooting already, though, so thanks for detailing that.

If you feel confident doing so, can you visit the event editor and open your browser’s dev tools (the Javascript console specifically)? The exact steps for doing this vary according to the browser and operating system you are using – for Google Chrome though you can get an overview here.

With that done, do you see any errors in the console? Can you copy them here if so?

Thanks!

Kelly
    Participant

Thanks, Barry!

Jackpot! There’s plenty going on in the console, but I’m not sure what to make of it; hopefully you can? Thanks so much!

Kelly

JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
    events-admin.min.js?ver=4.5.1:1 Uncaught TypeError: n.timepicker is not a function
    at HTMLInputElement.<anonymous> (events-admin.min.js?ver=4.5.1:1)
    at Function.each (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,jq…:2)
    at a.fn.init.each (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,jq…:2)
    at Object.t.setup_timepickers (events-admin.min.js?ver=4.5.1:1)
    at HTMLTableCellElement.t.container (events-admin.min.js?ver=4.5.1:1)
    at Function.each (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,jq…:2)
    at a.fn.init.each (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,jq…:2)
    at HTMLDocument.t.init (events-admin.min.js?ver=4.5.1:1)
    at i (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,jq…:2)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,jq…:2)
    wp-seo-admin-global-470.min.js?ver=4.7:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘length’ of undefined
    at wp-seo-admin-global-470.min.js?ver=4.7:1
    at dispatch (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,jq…:3)
    at r.handle (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,jq…:3)
    at Object.trigger (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,jq…:3)
    at Object.a.event.trigger (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,jq…:9)
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,jq…:3)
    at a.fn.init.trigger (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,jq…:3)
    at a (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=hoverIntent,common,admin-bar,wp-pointer,heartbeat,autosave,suggest,wp-a…:2)
    (anonymous) @ wp-seo-admin-global-470.min.js?ver=4.7:1
    dispatch @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,jq…:3
    r.handle @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,jq…:3
    trigger @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,jq…:3
    a.event.trigger @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,jq…:9
    (anonymous) @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,jq…:3
    each @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,jq…:2
    each @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,jq…:2
    trigger @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,jq…:3
    a @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=hoverIntent,common,admin-bar,wp-pointer,heartbeat,autosave,suggest,wp-a…:2

Barry

We’re getting close!

Any chance you could repeat the test, but with all other plugins except The Events Calendar (and Events Calendar PRO) deactivated? If you could similarly switch to a default theme such as Twenty Seventeen, that would hopefully reduce the number of errors down to a smaller (and more useful) subset we can examine.

Thanks 🙂

Kelly
    Participant

Sure thing! Theme Twenty Seventeen; all plug-ins deactivated save TEC and EC Pro…

Uncaught TypeError: n.timepicker is not a function
    at HTMLInputElement.<anonymous> (events-admin.min.js:1)
    at Function.each (load-scripts.php:2)
    at a.fn.init.each (load-scripts.php:2)
    at Object.t.setup_timepickers (events-admin.min.js:1)
    at HTMLTableCellElement.t.container (events-admin.min.js:1)
    at Function.each (load-scripts.php:2)
    at a.fn.init.each (load-scripts.php:2)
    at HTMLDocument.t.init (events-admin.min.js:1)
    at i (load-scripts.php:2)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (load-scripts.php:2)

Thanks!
    K

Barry

Thanks … though, unfortunately, I’m still unsure why that would happen. Do you still have your (BlueHost-based) test site available and if you also add Events Calendar PRO there (don’t worry about adding a license key) can you replicate the same thing in that environment?

One other thought: if you visit various tabs in the Events → Settings screen with your browser console open do you see errors there, too?

Kelly
    Participant

Thanks, Barry –

I installed EC Pro on the test site (Bluehost) and all worked just fine – no issues at all.

On live site, yes, I am seeing errors on the Settings page in the tabs:

General tab (actually, all tabs) showing:
    JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
    events-admin.min.js?ver=4.5.1:1 Uncaught TypeError: e(…).bumpdown is not a function
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (events-admin.min.js?ver=4.5.1:1)
    at i (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=4.7.4:2)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=4.7.4:2)
    at Function.ready (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=4.7.4:2)
    at HTMLDocument.K (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=4.7.4:2)

I tested this and got the above both with and without theme change/plug-ins deactivated.

Barry

So whatever is amiss is clearly related to your production environment. Though it’s a bit of a brute force attempt to fix things, are you able to delete The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO completely (but don’t worry, any events you have already created will stay in the database) and then reinstall both?

Kelly
    Participant

Thanks, I tried that a few times before I started this conversation to no avail. I’m going to put this on Aabaco to see if they have an insight. Otherwise, I’ll just push a full Bluehost migration. Thanks for the help!

Barry

OK, sorry we couldn’t figure it out. If either Aabaco can provide some insights, or if you are able to migrate to a hosting solution you know works for you, that sounds great 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Javascript not working on back end; can't identify conflict’ is closed to new replies.