January 1, 1970 bug…

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO January 1, 1970 bug…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

I have had this pop up now on an event (at least one) and it is causing some major issues on my site. I am using the most up to date version of the version 2 of the calendar and want to upgrade to 3 but am having issues backing up my events and have put in way too much work to risk losing any info. Please advise as to best solution and/or how to backup events (WP export not allowing all to export, MySQL be better?). I’ve gone through and deactivated all plugins, when I turn on PRO it locks everything up. Please help! This is a big deal and is causing huge problems!

Chris
    Participant

After having dug in a bit more I’m seeing that all or at least most of the pub dates are showing as Thu, 01 Jan 1970 as well. I’m unable to edit events and this is causing some serious problems. HELP!!!

Barry

Hi Chris – can you link me to an example of this? I took a quick look at the URL you shared but couldn’t see the problem (quite possible that I missed it though).

Can you also confirm if you tried switching back to a default and unmodified theme at the same time as deactivating all non-Modern Tribe plugins?

Last but by no means least, you should be able to export events using the WP export tool – but if for some reason in your particular environment you cannot then yes, some other tool (such as phpMyAdmin, a dedicated backup plugin or even the mysqldump command line utility if you have that level of access and it is installed on your server) would be a good way to go.

Thanks!

Chris
    Participant

Thanks for your response. I was able to delete the event through mySQL and had come to that solution prior to your answer. The person that had entered the event set it and a few others as recurring, but with no start date which caused a number of server calls. Once I was able to track it down I deleted it and no more problems. Definitely a user error, although it might be a good idea to set things up so that the earliest date a calendar could attempt to write to is the install date? Dunno, but it is definitely a problem with how the event is entered and I appreciate your response and advice.

Barry

Hi Chris,

The start/end dates should default to today’s dates and that’s what I see on our test installations, I’m not sure why you’d see anything other than that unless perhaps there is a conflict at work somewhere along the line.

If that’s the case definitely try our normal troubleshooting steps (remember to switch to a default theme, in addition to deactivating other plugins) in the first instance and if that doesn’t help to isolate the problem definitely let us know.

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘January 1, 1970 bug…’ is closed to new replies.