Issues with WooCommerce & Unique Tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Issues with WooCommerce & Unique Tickets

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Purves
    Participant

I helped set up a site for a non-profit who wanted to start taking online payments for their events, but also to keep management of users simple. I gave them options for how to do this and they ended up choosing a single username and password for all members to share. I am using The Events Calendar 4.5.13 with Event Tickets 4.5.6 and Event Tickets Plus 4.5.5.

I learned that this seems to be causing an issue when members log in and then try to buy tickets to an upcoming event. If member one has started their order and tickets are left in the cart, when member two logs in with the shared member login then member two has the ticket in their cart that member one started.

To further complicate things the WooCommerce cart shows no identifying information about what ticket is what. Member one enters first and last name, email address, meal choice, table preference, etc. for each attendee they’re buying tickets for (let’s say 4 tickets), but when going to the cart it shows a single line item with the ticket name and a quantity of 4 (or however many). If the member one decides to remove a ticket, there’s no way for that member to know which attendee is being removed. Let’s say member two also logs in and fills out the event form before member one checks out. Member two adds 2 tickets to the cart, but goes to check out and finds 6 items in their cart (both member one’s and member two’s) and no way to know which is which.

I need to know if 1) there is a way to fix the issue where the cart is shared when multiple people are sharing a single username/password (I know it’s a security issue to have the site run that way, but clients are willing to take the risk to make it more simple to manage), 2) There is a way to display each ticket as its own line item with basic identifying info (even if it is just first name/last name of each attendee).

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan!

Thanks for getting in touch with us! Let me try to help you with this topic.

1) there is a way to fix the issue where the cart is shared when multiple people are sharing a single username/password (I know it’s a security issue to have the site run that way, but clients are willing to take the risk to make it more simple to manage)

Unfortunately, I don’t think there is a way to overcome this problem using the same WordPress user. The cart and checkout process is all handled by WooCommerce and by default it saves the cart content for a logged in users so they can go on shopping next time they log in. You might want to check on their documentation to see if there is a way to clear the cart content when logging out or when leaving the cart/checkout process. Still, I believe you will encounter problems when more than two persons are logged in at the same time.

The only workaround I can think of is to enable ticket purchases when not logged in. You can change this setting by going to Events > Settings > Tickets tab under Login requirements. And if necessary, you can password protect your event to only allow specific people to purchase a ticket.

2) There is a way to display each ticket as its own line item with basic identifying info (even if it is just first name/last name of each attendee).

There is no built-in way to achieve that when in the cart. After orders have been placed however, you can navigate to the Event’s Attendee list and each ticket will display the Attendee information. But I don’t think this will help with your initial problem during checkout.

I’m sorry I can’t be of much help here to overcome that situation, but it seems to be more of an edge case.

I suggest you try to keep up with the latest versions of our plugins as they contain bug fixes and improvements. Also, we always suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can test things out and make all plugins, theme and WordPress core updates without disrupting the live site.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Issues with WooCommerce & Unique Tickets’ is closed to new replies.