Issues with the "Near" Search Option on the Search Bar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Issues with the "Near" Search Option on the Search Bar

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    mishkat
    Participant

We’ve got a list of events that have been populated on our plugin and are taking place across the USA and Canada. We noticed an issue when users searched for courses near them, using the “near” search option.

When searching for states like “florida” or even the short form “fl” , the results are not returning anything, whereas we know there are many courses in florida listed.

We went into our venues section on the wp back end, and added longitude and latitude to each venue, and have fileld in the city, country, and state fields.

The results are still the same.

Is there something else we should be looking into or doing differently?

• This topic was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by mishkat.
    Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi mishkat,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’d be happy to help you 🙂

I visited your website and noticed there is the following warning: NoApiKeys (https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#no-api-keys).

Please make sure you’ve set up your Google Maps API Key properly, following the instructions on this page: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-your-google-maps-api-key/

You might have to activate Geocoding API and Maps JavaScript API as well for that functionality to work correctly.

Please let me know how it goes,

Cheers,
    Jeremy

mishkat
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me, jeremy.

I’ve tried adding the api key but it still doesn’t work.
    If you try searching for “florida”, it still retruns no results, when in fact there are many events in florida that are active listings.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi mishkat,

It seems the venue address is not properly set in your WordPress back-office. You may refer to this page for more information about creating venues: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/venue-and-organizer-pages/

Please let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

mishkat
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

mishkat
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

mishkat
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Issues with the "Near" Search Option on the Search Bar’ is closed to new replies.