Issues with German translations in TEC 3.12.6

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Issues with German translations in TEC 3.12.6

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Oliver
    Participant

Hi,

in version 3.12.1 of the Events Calendar plugin I discovered some potential issues with Textdomains which I want to highlight here:

There are five textdomains used in the-events-calendar-de_DE.po:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/v1mb3kzk3233vjx/Screenshot%202015-11-14%2003.38.21.png?dl=0

a) Is the “category list label” textdomain really needed? See line 5064-5072:

#. translators: %s is the singular translation of "Event
    #: src/functions/template-tags/general.php:417
    #, php-format
    #@ category list label
    msgctxt "<a href"
    msgid "%s Category"
    msgid_plural "%s Categories"
    msgstr[0] ""
    msgstr[1] ""

a) Is the “pending” textdomain needed? Looks like a typo to me. See line 2061-2069:

#: src/admin-views/tickets/attendees.php:99
    #: src/admin-views/tickets/orders.php:126
    #, php-format
    #@ the-events-calendar
    #@ pending
    msgid "(%d awaiting review)"
    msgid_plural "(%d awaiting review)"
    msgstr[0] "(%d Freigabe ausstehend)"
    msgstr[1] "(%d Freigaben ausstehend)"

b) Is the “tribe-events-calendar”-textdomain still used? I guess it is replaced by “the-events-calendar”!? See lines 93, 114, 120, 2186, 2191, 3061, 3069, 3089 and 3149:

#: src/Tribe/Validate.php:195
    #, php-format
    #@ tribe-events-calendar
    msgid "%s must be a positive number or percent."
    msgstr ""

c) Is the “default”-textdomain really needed? See lines 2179, 2817, 4113, 4118, 4123, 4128 and 4558.

Best regards,
    Oliver

George
    Participant

Hey Oliver,

First of all, thank you so much for your reports of these issues. You have revealed several bugs here and in some of our other plugins!

To keep things simple, I will consolidate all of your several threads into this one thread for the sake of organization. With that in mind, here’s just a reference to your other threads about these translation issues:

I have made a bug ticket in our development tools so that we can investigate each of these issues. We are working on a fix and can hopefully include these fixes in either a maintenance release or in the upcoming 4.0 release itself.

Thank you Oliver!
    George

Oliver
    Participant

Hi George!

sounds great!

Is a bugfix already included in the V4.0 RC1?
    Would be a great motivation for me to download and test the release candidate 😉

Best regards,
    Oliver

George
    Participant

To the best of my knowledge there is not a fix yet. I do not know when a fix will definitively arrive unfortunately 🙁

Stay tuned!
    George

Geoff

Hey there,

Great news–we have a fix for this issue ready and it will be shipping today in version 4.0.2. Please keep your eyes peeled for the update and let us know if any other issues pop-up in a new thread and we’d be happy to help.

Thanks again for your patience while we worked on this!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Issues with German translations in TEC 3.12.6’ is closed to new replies.