Issues with Facebook Event Importing

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Issues with Facebook Event Importing

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Brandon Stiner
    Participant

We have three separate Facebook pages with future events, Event Aggregator will not pull in the Events for each page. When you click on the ‘Preview’ button you get message: No matching records found.

Here’s another puzzling thing regarding the three newly added imports…
    Under: Events Import >> Scheduled Imports

SOURCE shows all three FB full URLs vs the other 15 sources display names of page. (See Screenshot Attached)

Thank you for your help πŸ™‚

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Brandon,

Thanks for using our plugins and for reaching out!

I’m sorry you are experiencing some issues with importing. I’m happy to lend you a helping hand here to try to fix this.

We have three separate Facebook pages with future events, Event Aggregator will not pull in the Events for each page. When you click on the β€˜Preview’ button you get message: No matching records found.

I have checked the 6 pages you shared in the screenshot. 5 of them gave me a result in the preview. The Coffey County Emergency Management did not, as that doesn’t have any future events.

If you are still having issues with any, could you please share with me the URLs so I can test them?

SOURCE shows all three FB full URLs vs the other 15 sources display names of page. (See Screenshot Attached)

Not quite sure why this is happening. I just added the 3 URLs as scheduled imports on my site and they show fine. See screenshot.

Were the URLs added maybe with a previous version of the plugin?

If this is disturbing, then you can try to delete these scheduled imports and re-add them to see if that fixes it. Your imported events will not be affected by this.

Let me know if I can help help with anything else.

Cheers,
    Andras

Brandon Stiner
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Brandon Stiner
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brandon Stiner
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brandon Stiner
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Brandon,

Thanks for checking! This seems to be a new issue, which will need some time to investigate.

What we have so far is the below error message:

Error validating access token: The user has not authorized application …

Not quite sure why that is happening.

What you can try to do is:

• Unlink your site from Facebook. You can do this under Events > Settings > API (screenshot)
    • Remove the application authorization in your Facebook account. (In Facebook go to Settings > Apps, find there Event Aggregator and click on the ‘X’ to remove it (screenshot)
    • Re-establish the Facebook authorization and token

Please let me know how this works out.

Thanks,
    Andras

Brandon Stiner
    Participant

Hi Andras!

You fixed the issue!!!!!
    It was indeed the Facebook authorization and token that had to be re-established.
    Thank you soooo much πŸ™‚

Andras
    Keymaster

WOW, now I’m super stoked to hear that!!! πŸ™‚ Awesome!

Since this is resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic in the forum and we will help you out.

Good luck with your project!

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugin, and you didn’t yet do so πŸ™‚ we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar/
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/event-tickets/

PS2: We’d be also grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. πŸ™‚ If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Doublethanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Issues with Facebook Event Importing’ is closed to new replies.