Issues with default settings

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Issues with default settings

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Daniel
    Participant

Hey! 🙂
    First of all thank you for the plugins! I acquired Pro version of both Event Tickets and Events Calendar.
    Those plugins are helping me to manage some stuff way better, but I still have some issues with some default settings:

1- Is it possible to constrain the RSVP to one per user?
    I’ve found that this problem is pretty common, but there were only solution with patch to paste in “functions”, and since my website it’s pretty complex I would not like to put a lot of patch code in “functions” that later I have to check and maintain.

This is a pretty huge mistake in my opinion, because:
    -I cannot easily hide the field to reserve multiple tickets
    -I don’t consider patches in “functions” a solution (not in the long term)
    -I cannot collect the information properly (if I ask the user email and name for every attendee some think that they have to repeat their information, since the default “email” and “name” are not under attendee #, while some others think they don’t have to repeat the information)
    -giving different information to the user (like “don’t reserve more than one place”) can be misleading

2-Why is there “RSVP: going/not going” by default? Is there a way to remove it (possibly not a CSS patch)? I read a lot of people complaining about it and it seems more a solution tailored for a precise situation, not the default.

Same reasons of before, the website is complex, if I have to maintain functions and CSS patches for every plugin it’s a bit painful.

3- date and time are h2 by default, this is not always good for the SEO. Is it necessary? Is there a way to change it?

Looking forward to your answer.
    Thank you very much!

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Daniel,

So glad you like our plugins! I’m happy to help out as much as I can here. 🙂

1. Yes it is possible, but it will require some custom code. I think you’ll find this thread and this thread helpful for that. 🙂
    2. To change this wording, I think you’ll find this article helpful!
    3. This change would require some customization, for which I recommend checking out our Themer’s Guide.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions!

Hope this helps 🙂

Shelby

Daniel
    Participant

Hi Shelby,
    thank you for your answer, but unfortunately that doesn’t solve my problems.

1. Those solutions are not solving the problem, the user can still come back in the page of the event and take a second ticket
    2. It was not about the wording of “RSVP: going/not going”, I just find this option useless and misleading and I would like a way to remove it (as I said I would like not to apply patches that I have to maintain for every problem)
    3. Ok, thank you for the answer, but changing the template like this will clearly require more effort than gain
    4. Talking about wording instead, I am using Loco Translate and basically I think it works as explained in the Themer’s Guide you liked me, but not everything is being translated (“RSVP” as title before the form, “Attendee #” in the form and “Toggle attendee info” in the page of the tickets). Is there a way to solve it? Are those words not belonging to your plugin(so I have to search in theme or other plugins translations)?

Thank you very much

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel!

I will be covering Shelby who is out for a couple of days.

Let me try and help you out with each point:

1. As you might already know, there is no built in functionality to do this. You would have to go for a not so easy customization to achieve this. One approach to this would be to set up a rule that limits a product quantity per user every time he / she tries to purchase a new one. There is a plugin I found that you may want to check and see if it works for your case here > https://wordpress.org/plugins/min-and-max-purchase-for-woocommerce/
    2. RSVP functionality is by default Going / Not going. If you don’t want to have that funcionality, then you should select the WooCommerce option in here > https://cloudup.com/chvE_zo74SX. Is this what you are looking for?
    3. Yes, unfortunately you would have to make a template override to change that.
    4. Loco translate is a translation plugin that will enable you to edit translation files for themes and plugins. In the other hand, the themer’s guide shows you different ways you can modify how our plugins look and behave by using different techniques, like template overriding and adding custom styles and scripts. There is an article on how to change the language of your calendar here > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/changing-the-language-on-your-calendar/.

The strings “RSVP”, “Attendee #” and “Toggle attendee info” are from our plugins so you should find them in the translation files. You can always get the translation files for our plugins and see the state of the translation for each language here > http://translations.theeventscalendar.com/projects

I hope that helps and let me know if any other questions.

Best!

Victor

Daniel
    Participant

For the issue 1, 2 and 3 I had to override the theme, I just hope it will not require a lot of maintenance.
    For the 2nd issue changing to woocommerce was not a solution, I’m using woocommerce from real purchases on my website and things would have been complicated.

The 4th issue was solved with the update. Before the update I couldn’t find those terms in Loco Translate, but after the update I had everything.

Thanks for the support.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Daniel,

Just to be clear, you’ve got everything sorted for now then? If so, I’ll close this one out, but feel free to open future tickets for further issues.

Cheers,

Shelby 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Issues with default settings’ is closed to new replies.