Issues with Community event entry

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Issues with Community event entry

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    roger coryell
    Participant

1) The default entry form includes a garbage character before the name of the event (a right arrow)
    2) The button to schedule multiple events is distorted and unreadable
    3) There’s no caption for the user for the top two fields, event name and event description.

I’m sure these are all CSS issues related to the existing theme, which is a pretty sucky theme that I am (temporarily) stuck with.

https://www.sthelena.com/st-helena-events/community/add

roger coryell
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi roger!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I’d be happy to help you find a workaround for those issues.

1) The default entry form includes a garbage character before the name of the event (a right arrow)

This is pretty strange, are you making any template override of the community event submission form? If so, please share the code with us so I can have a closer inspection.

2) The button to schedule multiple events is distorted and unreadable.

3) There’s no caption for the user for the top two fields, event name and event description.

Try adding the following CSS snippet into your theme’s style.css file or using the WordPress customizer (WP Admin > Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS):

.tribe-add-recurrence.button span {
    position: relative;
    }
    .tribe-community-events label {
    height: initial;
    }

Does it help? Let me know

Best,
    Victor

roger coryell
    Participant

Hi Victor…

The CSS tweaks worked.

As for the garbage character in the form field, no… we have not done any
    template override. This is a plain vanilla install. That said, this damned
    theme causes all sorts of issues, but this is a weird one. I can live with
    it though…

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Roger,

Glad to know the CSS worked out.

Yes, the character is definitely strange. I’m thinking it could be being added by a JS script, so it would rather be difficult to find the source of the problem.

Can you tell if this is something caused by your theme or a specific plugin? You can confirm this by switching to a default theme and see if the character goes away.

Let me know about it.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Issues with Community event entry’ is closed to new replies.