Issues with ajax next/previous month

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Issues with ajax next/previous month

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Cary Bergeron
    Participant

My events page is here http://www.gocolorado.com/events if you click on next or previous month you will see the layout gets messed up. What might be causing this? Also I was using is_post_type(‘tribe_events’)to remove the featured slider and ad in my Genesis Hooks but it will revert to the default layout when navigating the calender between each month.

Cary Bergeron
    Participant

FYI I am using my Default Page Template, when I switch to Default Events Template it does not do this.

Cary Bergeron
    Participant

Update. I got it working by using template overrides and just using the Default Events Template. However my only problem now is I am using this http://dev.studiopress.com/display-alternate-sidebar.htm in order to add a custom sidebar to the page. The is_page_template( ” ) isn’t working to interject the side bar so instead I am using is_post_type(‘tribe_events’) which works but if I navigate months on the calender and hit Refresh it will load the default sidebar instead of the custom one.

Cary Bergeron
    Participant

Oh and one last thing, why arebreadcrumbs showing at the top of the page?

Rob

Hey Cary. Excellent to hear you’ve been able to make progress on this one yourself; sounds like with regards to the sidebar issue, you need some help. I’m going to get our developer to check on that since it’s a bit outside my area of expertise.

On the breadcrumbs: those should be dictated by your theme, since they aren’t in the code by default to display on the 2011 theme. Are you just trying to hide them?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Cary,

is_post_type() was a conditional only briefly available in 3.0 development and shouldn’t work anymore – try:

if ( ‘tribe_events’ == get_post_type() ) … instead.

Hmmm, for some reason it looks like that does not return true when when you refresh the page though… I’m going to bring this up with the devs but I think use can use:

if ( tribe_is_month()) { … and that will return true.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Cary Bergeron
    Participant

Ok thanks a lot! So I think it wasn’t returning true because I was using a function which allowed for the use of is_post_type() and there might have been a conflict. I removed that function and instead replaced all instances of that with ” == get_post_type(). Everything is working as I wasn’t with my custom side bar except when I view individual event pages its still showing my default sidebar. This is what I am using for replacing the sidebar… if ( ‘tribe_events’ == get_post_type() || tribe_is_month() || tribe_is_upcoming())

Cary Bergeron
    Participant

Ok i got everything figured out! Thanks again.

Jonah
    Participant

Sounds good Cary, glad you got it worked out!

– Jonah

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Issues with ajax next/previous month’ is closed to new replies.