Issues setting country specific settings

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Issues setting country specific settings

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Jones
    Participant

Hi there.

I’m having some issues with our site defaulting to USA as the country.

We’ve turned on single geography mode, set default country as Australia, and set a custom list of countries to just AU, Australia.

With all this, when you search for an event it defaults to locations in the US: https://ntcoss.org.au/calendar/category/training/

Our primary location in this location is Darwin, NT. Yet every time we enter Darwin, we see Darwin, MN, USA or Darwin, CA 93522, USA. If you search for a different location that doesn’t exist in the NT, such as Alice Springs, it doesn’t show any popup locations.

Ideally, we’d strip every sign of other countries and focus 100% on Australia. We only show events within Northern Territory, Australia.

I’ve read through all the support tickets I could find and it looks like this is a known issue, but I’m wondering if there is a workaround? It’s causing issues with our client now and we need it fixed.

Cheers,
    Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Unfortunately, as you have discovered, this is related to a known issue that we are currently work ing on.  I don’t have a workaround for this issue at this time.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this glitch and we are actively working on a solution for this.

I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed, as it’s in the development team’s hands now.

They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

The good news is that you will be contacted as soon as a fix is available.

Thank you for your patience as we see this through.  Please let me know if anything else comes up in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Ryan Jones
    Participant

Hi Jaime.

I found my own workaround for now, I removed the location filter and that’s kind of working, but frustrating that we bought this based on it working globally and it has an arbitrary country issue that it appears Modern Tribe have known about for 2 years and not fixed.

Feel ripped off really.

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your feedback.  I’m sorry that we currently have this bug in our system.  I’m glad that you have found a workaround for now.

You will be notified when a fix for this issue has been released.  Please let me know if anything else comes up in the meantime.

Thanks,

Jaime

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, in which this issue is no longer present.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-27-may-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if it works for you.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Issues setting country specific settings’ is closed to new replies.