Issues moving attendee from one event to another with unique ticket sku/products

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Issues moving attendee from one event to another with unique ticket sku/products

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Miles Kailburn
    Participant

This is causing some big issues on our site since its creating a whole new ticketing option and messing up attendee counts/reports etc. It just gives us a “Woops! We could not complete the requested operation due to an unforeseen problem.” but it actually moves the person but creates a whole new ticket product/sku etc.

Barry

Hi Miles,

I definitely see a bug but it’s not exactly what you described, so I wanted to quickly review in case I need to do something differently to see the same thing.

I started with two different ticket types in two different events, each had existing and unique SKUs. I moved an attendee from one to the other and did indeed hit the “Woops! We could not complete the requested operation due to an unforeseen problem” error — however the move was actually successful.

It did not seem to result in a new ticket type being created with a different SKU, however. Is there anything about the process I followed that doesn’t match how you were doing things? What does the new ticket product and SKU look like (does it have “-1” appended to the name, or is it prefixed with “Copy of” or anything like that)?

Barry

…By way of further update, that part of the bug that I can see has been logged and we’ll address in an upcoming release (and we’ll do our best to post an update in this topic once that happens) 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Miles!

Just wanted to share with you that we have shipped a new feature release for our plugins, which also includes a fix for this issue

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/release-event-tickets-4-6-event-tickets-plus-4-6-events-calendar-4-6-4-community-tickets-4-5/

We strongly recommend you make a backup of your site before updating. Additionally, we recommend performing your tests on a dev or staging site to avoid potential breakages on your live site.

Please update the plugins and see if the fix works for your site. Don’t hesitate to open a new topic if anything comes up.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Issues moving attendee from one event to another with unique ticket sku/products’ is closed to new replies.