Issues Editing Single Event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Issues Editing Single Event

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    karlsteen
    Participant

Hi again,

I am trying to move the event details section above the event description, leaving the venue/map section below. See first image. I am also having some issue with the text, high-lighted in yellow.

Trying to copy/edit the php-templates to [mytheme]/tribe-events/pro folder by following the Themers Guide, but got uncetain if I also need to add /week as this is where I was able to located the single-event.php file. See second image.

Do I need to copy/edit the additional-fields.php and make same folder structure?

Some pointers would be very helpful! Otherwise, very happy with the plugin thus far 🙂

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Geoff B.

Good evening Karl and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the struggles you are experimenting.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

The fastest way to help you out would be to get a copy of your WordPress theme and child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Hang in there!

Best regards,

Geoff B.

karlsteen
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

karlsteen
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Karl,

Thank you for the files.
    For some reason, there were no changes present in the child theme you sent, only empty folders.

Just to set expectations, the scope of our support is mostly to get our customers started on the right track and to help them in case of issues. We, unfortunately, do not provide complete support for customization.

That said, here is a little something to get you started:

1. The view you are interested in customizing is the single-event view.According to the themer’s guide (https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/) the file responsible for this is located in the Events Calendar’s (free) files.

More specifically /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/single-event.php

2. If you open up that file you will see how the different “sections” are being displayed. The section you are interested in is called by “tribe_get_template_part( ‘modules/meta’ )”. Let’s dig deeper.
    3. Still according to the themer’s guide, the file responsible for displaying the different elements of the meta module is located in  /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/modules/meta.php
    4. Opening that file reveals that the details section you are interested in is actually located under /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/modules/meta/details.php

Still there? Hopefully I have not lost you 🙂

So what’s the plan you ask? You will need to download 3 files and modify 2 of them:

• Steal code from details.php
    • Modify single-event.php (to add the code stolen from details.php to the location of your choice)
    • Modify meta.php (to remove the call to the details.php file)

Once you are done, you should upload the following modified files back:

• /wp-content/themes/flatsome-child/tribe-events/single-event.php
    • /wp-content/themes/flatsome-child/tribe-events/modules/meta.php

Pro tip: when you open a view file you want to modify, take a look at the comments in the header section of the file. It will tell you the correct path to upload the modified file to.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Issues Editing Single Event’ is closed to new replies.