Issues after updates- Attendee Information Gone & default qty to 1

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Issues after updates- Attendee Information Gone & default qty to 1

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    yogadevo
    Participant

Attendee Information Questions are not showing up on the ticket…

Do you have any incites that might help me solve the issues?

Smaller issue – That I dont have to change but would like the option to:
    Change default quantity to 1 – After the update I wanted to changed Tickets.php input value back to 1 (/wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/views/wootickets/Tickets.php) Yet I am not see the change on the qty of the ticket on the event page… I have made this change in the past and it work perfect….
    Do we now have to change the functions.php file or anything else to get the same effect?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello yogadevo,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry you are having this issue. Let me try to help you with this.

I saw that you already tested with switching off all plugins, except for the Modern Tribe ones and WooCommerce. Did you also switch off / remove any other modifications  you have in your functions.php?

Please get back to me on this, while I investigate the email isssue.

On the default ticket number, I recommend you do a template override rather than modifying the core files. If you modify the core files you will always lose your modifications with a plugin update. If you use file overrides, then your modifications will not be lost.

I recommend this article in our knowledge base on how to to the override for the default ticket number.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

yogadevo
    Participant

Thanks for the tip “how to to the override for the default ticket number.” Worked Great, totally forgot that we added that tickets.php to the themes folder

/themes/YOUR_THEME/tribe-events/wootickets/tickets.php

But I still have not had much luck getting the Attendee Information Questions to show up in my theme. I remove all modifications to my functions.php and am still not seeing any of the questions.

I did however get the attendee info to show up with the Twenty Fifteen Theme.
    The more dig the more it looks like it is related to my Churches and Event Theme by Vamtam.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by yogadevo.
    Andras
    Keymaster

Hello yodadevo,

Do I understand correctly that when you used twentyfifteen, then the attendee information showed up in the emails, so it was working as intended?

If this is the case then there could be some override in the theme you are using, that modifies this, or possibly the plugin template files in the theme are outdated. I’m not familiar with that theme yet, so cannot pinpoint the location of the files (it would be like pin the tail on the donkey blindfolded 🙂 ).

Try to look around in the folder of the theme whether you can find them, and then update the template files. I believe the best would be to use a child theme with the same folder structure and put the updated files there.

Let me know if you get further with this.

I just realised that your override was for WooTickets, a plugin which we replace with Event Tickets Plus (which you are using already). If you remove the WooTickets overrides, does that help solve it?

Cheers,
    Andras

yogadevo
    Participant

Yes that helped! Once I removed the WooTickets override got a fuctions.php line 43 error. So i just replaced file with an original and all well well.

Thanks for you help.

Also, where should I put the new fuctions.php override for the default qty?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey yogadevo,

Happy to hear that solved it partially.

For the default quantity just follow the instructions in the article. Namely:

Copy /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/views/wootickets/tickets.php

To wp-content/themes/YOUR_THEME/tribe-events/wootickets/tickets.php

Open the copied file for editing and change the input_value line to the amount you need.

Does this help solve it? Let me know.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Issues after updates- Attendee Information Gone & default qty to 1’ is closed to new replies.