issues after purchasing pro calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO issues after purchasing pro calendar

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cheryl
    Participant

I just purchased the event calendar pro. I’ve looked but can’t find how to do a few things.
    1. make the event calendar show on front page. i have changed my theme to not show content, just widgets. i put in the mini calendar but no title shows and it doesn’t show events on the day. i turn on content but still no calendar with events inside. If I click the link event calendar I want to be able to have that show on front page in widget or page.
    2. on widgets it doesn’t show the title and doesn’t change background colors when i use styling from my theme that works on other widgets.
    3. is there shortcake to display event calendar on a post or page?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for purchasing Pro. I have answered your questions below:

1. make the event calendar show on front page. i have changed my theme to not show content, just widgets. i put in the mini calendar but no title shows and it doesn’t show events on the day. i turn on content but still no calendar with events inside. If I click the link event calendar I want to be able to have that show on front page in widget or page.

We only have the widgets and the one shortcode for the mini calendar to display events on the home page.

There is the Event Rocket Plugin an unofficial plugin maintained by some of our developers that has more shortcodes in it and a way to display the main views on the home page:

Event Rocket

2. on widgets it doesn’t show the title and doesn’t change background colors when i use styling from my theme that works on other widgets.

I am not sure why your theme does not show the title. I looked at the coding and it is not a simple css issue it appears your theme removes the titles some how. We do not have any knowledge of how your theme works so there is no suggestions we can give unfortunately. Are you able to contact the theme developer and see if they have any solutions that we could work with to help you out?

3. is there shortcake to display event calendar on a post or page?

Currently the only shortcode we have is for the Mini Calendar Widget, which you can read about more here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/configuring-the-calendar-widget/

Let me know what you find out and I can try to help to resolve this.

Thanks

cheryl
    Participant

on our event calendars, when you click the link and it displays, the page doesn’t have our header or footer or anything from main web site. is there a way to add all of that?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Try changing the Events Template in the settings.

Head to this page:

Events > Settings > Display Tab

Then change this setting:

Events Template to Default Page Template

Let me know if that works.

Thanks

cheryl
    Participant

thanks. changed to full style and default page template and it works now.

also thanks for the info on event rocket. just what i wanted for front page, except it shows all categories and there is one i don’t want to show on front page. i want it to show only if someone clicks that calendar. reason is it is our sound room calendar for church. so didn’t want it cluttering the main calendar. is it best to have that as separate calendar instead of using a category for it? can i have two different calendars on same site?

Brian
    Keymaster

The plugin does create a Category View for each Event Category with the main views of month, list, map, etc…

For example if you have an event category of Lettuce the url is this:

yoursite.com/events/category/lettuce/

So that is one way to show only events from one category in the main views and you can link directly to any of those.

As for excluding categories from a view we have this snippet to help in the month view:

https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/4b215d2b854a6f6cb649

Add that to your theme’s function.php and replace the categories with the one you want to remove.

That should also work on the home page.

Brian
    Keymaster

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘issues after purchasing pro calendar’ is closed to new replies.