Issue with the community events plugin

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Issue with the community events plugin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Julien
    Participant

Hi,
    I have an issue with the plugin. I can see how the front end looks like when someone from the community can input their event but it requires to login. And when i test it, it only allows me to login but i cannot not first register to the site and then login.
    Could you explain me how that works?
    Thanks,
    Julien

Hunter

Hi Julien,

Thank you for your purchase and welcome back to the premium plugin support forums! If you have the ‘Allow anonymous submissions‘ option unchecked in Events > Settings > Community (see screenshot below), users will be required to log in prior to submitting events.

If you would like users to log in before allowing them to add events, my recommendation would be to add a registration form somewhere on your site, then add a link to your Submit Event form on their account page or wherever you feel is best.

You might also want to add a link from your Submit Event form to your site’s registration page. It might also be a good idea to include a note on the Submit Event form along the lines of, “You must log in/register before adding events.” Check out Theme My Login to gain more power over your site’s login/register forms.

I hope this helps clarify how the plugin works and let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks again and take care!

Julien
    Participant

Hi,
    Many thanks for your message. I’ll install your suggested plugin and try to find get things around.

Thanks,
    Julien

Julien
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Issue with the community events plugin’ is closed to new replies.