Issue with permalinks

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Issue with permalinks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hunter

I’ve been (successfully) using the following code to change my permalinks, but now am experiencing issues when trying to visit venue and organizer pages. Let me know if you’ve got any insight. Thanks.

add_filter('tribe_venue_label_singular', 'change_single_venue_label' );
    function change_single_venue_label() {
    	return 'Venue';
    }

add_filter('tribe_venue_label_plural', 'change_plural_venue_label' );
    function change_plural_venue_label() {
    	return 'Venues';
    }

add_filter('tribe_organizer_label_singular', 'change_single_organizer_label' );
    function change_single_organizer_label() {
    	return 'Promoter';
    }

add_filter('tribe_organizer_label_plural', 'change_plural_organizer_label' );
    function change_plural_organizer_label() {
    	return 'Promoters';
    }
    Geoff

Hello joinfof–nice to see you again. Hope all is well. 🙂

I don’t see anything off the bat that in that code example that would affect permalinks. What is the exact permalink issue you’re facing? It seems like venue and organizer pages are still accessible (like this one). Have you tried flushing your permalinks (Settings > Permalinks > Save) to see if that has an effect?

Let’s start there and see what we find. I’d definitely be interested in more details on what’s happening and how to replicate the issue if you have them.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Hunter

I did see how it went back to working (not sure why), but I’m having the same issues again. Any promoter link gets stuck in a redirect. Try http://familyoffestivals.com/promoter/hard-presents/

Geoff

Hey there joinfof!

Have you tried flushing your permalinks (Settings > Permalinks > Save). It looks like a redirect loop issue and flushing permalinks is a common solution for that. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Hunter

Yes I’ve tried flushing the permalinks – no effect.

Geoff

Thanks for giving that a shot!

Just one more thing before we get into some deeper troubleshooting: are you using any plugins that handle redirects? Or have you made any changes to your .htaccess file that would have an impact on redirects?

Cheers!
    Geoff

Hunter

Good call – it was a user error (no surprise there, huh?) I had a redirect setup for some reason, must have done it by accident or forgot. Who knows. Thanks again 🙂

Geoff

Sweet! I’m so glad that did the trick–thanks so much for confirming.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread but thanks again for reaching out and please feel free to hit us up with a new thread if anything else pops up. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Issue with permalinks’ is closed to new replies.