Issue with link to learn more about event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Issue with link to learn more about event

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Rudy Malmquist
    Participant

When you click on “find out more”, instead of taking you to the event page, it simply reloads this page that previews all of the events. I tried deleting the event and recreating it, scheduling it as reoccurring daily, and then scheduling it reoccurring as the individual dates and I’m still having this problem.

Note, this issue is only happening with this single instance of a recurring event. The other instances of the event take you to the event page when clicking “find out more”

Trisha

Hello, Rudy!

Thank you for using The Events Calendar! I can help with this ?

I’ve clicked around your site some and tried to replicate with the recurring events but I’m unable to do so. Can you send a link so that I can see the issue?

Thanks so much, I look forward to hearing back from you so we can resolve this!

Cheers,
    Trisha

Rudy Malmquist
    Participant

Hi Trisha, it’s only happening on the first instance of the recurring event that appears on this page: https://dsawm.org/calendar-event/bikecamp2017/all/

When you click “Find out more” for the July 17 event, it just reloads the page. When you click “Find out more” for any of the other instances of the event, it takes you to this page: https://dsawm.org/calendar-event/bikecamp2017/2017-07-18/

Thanks!

Trisha

Ok, I checked it out and totally see what you mean. The link looks to be right but is redirecting for some unknown reason.

I compared with our demo site at http://wpshindig.com/ and a quick check of a recurring event on that site and I get the expected behavior (linking to the event)

My suspicion is that your theme or another plugin is somehow causing a conflict that leads to this redirect behavior. It would be super helpful if you could go through our ‘Testing for Conflicts’ guide. You can find that here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts

Let me know what you find out and we can go from there 🙂

Cheers,
    Trisha

Rudy Malmquist
    Participant

Hi Trisha, I followed the steps to test for conflicts and there are no conflicts with any plugins or the theme. What are my next steps? Thanks!

Trisha

Hello, Rudy!

As a next step will you please visit ‘Events > Help’ in the WordPress admin? Scroll down to the logging section, enable Debug/All Events level debugging then run through the steps that you outlined in the first post here to repeat the error. Return to the log and see what’s caught there.

Afterward, return to the log and see what’s caught there.

Let me know what you find out!

Trisha

Rudy Malmquist
    Participant

Hi Trisha, I enabled the full debug under Event Log, went back to the event and did the steps above a couple times and the log is empty. Thanks!

Trisha

Hi, Rudy!

My apologies for the delay here! I have been out with dental issues and am just now getting caught up. I didn’t want to leave you hanging any longer without communication.

This one is certainly a bit puzzling! I’m going to chat with one of my colleagues and see if what next steps we can take.

Cheers,
    Trisha

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Rudy Malmquist
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Rudy Malmquist
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Issue with link to learn more about event’ is closed to new replies.