Issue with Events Cal Pro and P2 Theme

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Issue with Events Cal Pro and P2 Theme

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mrjarbenne
    Participant

I’m seeing this issue specifically on the P2 theme. When the plugin is activated the comments disappear. Here’s a screencast illustrating what I’m seeing.

http://screencast.com/t/GSDfijTzjd

mrjarbenne
    Participant

Note: I’ve tested it on other themes without issue. I recognize theme glitches don’t necessarily fall into the support category, but this is a popular Automattic theme, so perhaps others have run into the same issue and you’ve stumbled upon a fix.

thanks

Barry

Apologies for the inconvenience, Jared – this looks like a legitimate bug (I think the reason you aren’t seeing it on other themes is that they do not render widgets until after the main loop, whereas in P2 they are rendered before that – however, it really should ought to work even so).

I’ve logged an issue so we can get a substantive fix in place in a future version. Though I can’t guarantee anything, you could in the interim try adding this snippet to your theme’s functions.php file and see if that restores expected behaviour.

I hope that helps 🙂

mrjarbenne
    Participant

Thanks Barry. Glad its been logged and will be addressed.

Cheers.

Barry

Unfortunately we weren’t able to squeeze this one into our next upcoming release (3.5) but I wanted to drop a note in here to let you know it’s still on our radar and we will try hard to fit it in to the next release instead. Thanks for your support and patience in the meantime!

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that we have been working diligently on a fix for this issue. Our next release (3.6) will be available soon and should correct this problem. Please keep an eye on your Plugins and Updates pages for a version update. If you are still having problems after updating, please start a new thread with the details and we can assist you.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Issue with Events Cal Pro and P2 Theme’ is closed to new replies.