Issue with Event Aggregator Updating from Google Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Issue with Event Aggregator Updating from Google Calendar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kanaeokana
    Participant

1) Events added to Google Calendar shared via the private url. Some updates worked
    2) Updates no longer work
    3) Noticed an issue with the 7 calendar updates updating every 30 minutes..changed them all to once per day.
    4) This started working after we reduced to once per day and after we pushed to production. But only in production.
    5) Our staging environment is now complaining about a licensing issue.
    6) It imported a single event. There are other events in the future (one is on July 20th) and we also wanted to include past events to start off with. There arenʻt any options to do this but we want this range.

kanaeokana
    Participant

Still need some assistance with this issue.

While #5 is not an issue (solved in another thread) there is an issue with the Calendar being able to see other months.

In other words it pulled a single event but did not pull the other events in the same calendar.

Kalani

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Kalani,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums!

I’m sorry about the issues you are experiencing with the imports. Let me try to help you solve this.

1. Can you share the URLs of the feeds with me that you are importing? Also please give me some examples which events didn’t get pulled.
    2. You say “updates no longer work”. What do you exactly mean by this? Does the import run, but it doesn’t update the events, or the import doesn’t even run? Are you getting an error message? Please give me as many details as you can.
    3. You say you “noticed an issue with the 7 calendar updates”. What is the issue?
    4. Do you still need help with this? Do you want to run the import more often?
    5. Glad to hear this is solved.
    6. So:
      • Future events: there is a setting under Events > Settings > Imports tab > Global Import Settings where a limit is set how far in the future events should be imported. Check that setting and adjust it based on your needs. See if that fixes it.
      • Past events: when importing from google or setting up a scheduled import you also have the option to set a starting date. (screenshot) Does it help if you set a past date there?

Cheers,
    Andras

kanaeokana
    Participant

Mahalo Andras,

Those two things Future and Past Events bullets above fixed our issues. I hadn’t realized the limit had been set. And past would not import without setting a date in the refine area.

Thank you,

Kalani

Andras
    Keymaster

Na’u ka hau’oli Kalani, I’m happy I could help you out.

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please create a new ticket and we’ll be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugins, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar/
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/event-tickets/

PS2: We’d be also grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Doublethanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Issue with Event Aggregator Updating from Google Calendar’ is closed to new replies.