issue on default calendar page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO issue on default calendar page

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Geoff B.

This reply is private.

emanuele
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

emanuele
    Participant

Hi Geoff,
    very thanks for the update and for all the work you are doing for me.
    I understand everything and will wait for yours next updates,

thanks again,
    Emanuele

Geoff B.

Good evening Emanuele,

Thank you for your understanding.
    Although less than ideal, I believe the downgrade and the workaround should enable you to survive for now 🙂

One thing you could also do is to switch your scheduled imports to “on demand” if you are concerned about the server crashing.

On my end, I ran some test and all the imports came in nicely (aside from the image bug).

I will try some additional tests and run this by another pair of eyes.

Have a good weekend,

Geoff B.

emanuele
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

I appreciate a lot your updates and you approach,
    yes I can survive and wait for good news, the funny/sick thing is we are ultimating the 2nd website (livingsenigallia.it) but even if we do it, we must wait for at least the images fix to launch it, and that’s not a new website, it’s an exited one ex-joomla based, with its traffic and its social community very active… but, I know you are working o,n and I’m glad of it.

Good weekend to you too,
    Emanuele

Geoff B.

Good evening Emanuele,

Thank you for your incredible patience and collaboration.
    We are indeed working hard on this.

In fact the FB image import is pending QA as we are speaking.

As for your second site, you do not have to wait.
    The solution is to install exactly the following version of our plugins.

1. 4.4.0.1 for the Events Calendar
    2. 4.4 for the Events Calendar Pro

Here is a good link on how that works: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/downgrading-plugin-past-version/

Installing exactly these versions will fix the image import issue.

And once the new version is out with the fix (we will contact you as soon as it is), you can then update that new site.

Cheers,
    Geoff B.

emanuele
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Emanuele,

I am super glad this worked for you.

You can absolutely do the same for your other site.
    Of course a database backup is always a good idea (just in case).

But, aside from that, it’s pretty safe.

Our plugins are built in such a way that even if you deactivate and delete them, you do not loose any information related to events.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to post a quick note here that we have published a new Maintenance Release today that should restore the Event Aggregator that lets Facebook event images get imported as “Featured Images” into WordPress.

You can read about the details of this release here → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-3-3-event-tickets-4-3-3-premium-plugins/

I hope this update helps!

Cheers,
    George

emanuele
    Participant

Hi George,
    don’t know why but I’ve not received any email for this reply so I see it just today.
    After read you good news I tested the new plugins update in a staging copy of my live website and I think all my previous problems are solved, cause now I can see again the main calendar page (who was broken and it’s the first reason I opened this ticket) and the images are imported in the events.
    Unfortunatly I’ve a new issue with the photo view, only with the photo view, but I use this version for my pages, so it’s very important for me to fix it. It’s sick cause it seems only a css problem, but I’m not a coder.
    As you can see visiting https://www.staging2.eventimarcheoggi.it all seems ok, but if you click on the next pagination (after or before the grid events there are the nav arrows and/or a green button under the grid) the layout collapse. I attach a screenshot.
    I made all the necessary test and I’m sure is not a plugin or theme incompatibity, cause the issue persist in the wordpress base and with or without all the other plugins active.
    I’m sure also it not depends to my own past customization, cause in this staging version I totally removed all customized files from the theme folder, trying to find something, but the issue still persist.
    Hope you can help me soon cause my main website with the older plugin version it’s problematic, I’ve still the calendar page missing and even the image import still work, now the facebook autoimport seems not working, just manually. I’ve a real (physical) activity related at my websites and need to fix this problems very soon or I will be in trouble.
    Thanks in advice,
    Emanuele

emanuele
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

emanuele
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • The topic ‘issue on default calendar page’ is closed to new replies.