Issue importing EVENTS csv – data appearing in wrong columns

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Issue importing EVENTS csv – data appearing in wrong columns

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Sarah.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sarah
    Participant

9th March 2017 – Is there a maximum word count per field? Something is confusing the import of my csv file. The event name is not corresponding to the correct event description when I look at the preview… and the venue name is not in the right column and everything is mixed up!

I have attached my CSV file for you to check – and two screen shots of what it looks like when I try to import.

Hunter

Hey and welcome back!

Before we go much further it’s recommended you review our CSV file examples for importing and Importing Data from a CSV File tutorials to ensure you’re using proper procedures for importing data via CSV.

I checked to see if there were any logged bugs that might be affecting CSV imports but came up empty-handed. It might be best you set up a fresh WordPress installation where you can fully troubleshoot the issue. Make sure you have only the default WordPress theme and The Events Calendar installed and activated on the test site. Please review our Using One License for Live and Dev Sites and Moving Your License Keys tutorials for more information.

Please make sure WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG are enabled on your site’s wp-config.php file. Any errors will display at the top of your page as you try to reproduce the conflict. I also recommend right-clicking your mouse and opening the ‘Inspect’ tool to see if any errors display in the console. Note what you find and please include it in your reply.

Please keep me updated and have a pleasant rest of your day. Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Issue importing EVENTS csv – data appearing in wrong columns’ is closed to new replies.