Issue after last release

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Issue after last release

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    emanuele
    Participant

Hi Support,
    I’ve updated Community events on my staging version of eventimarcheoggi.it , and there is something wrong with the events frontend form:

https://www.staging1.eventimarcheoggi.it/eventi/community/aggiungi

The categories are disapperead. There is only an empty field form, and when you try to write in something it says “no matches found” instead of the categorys. Anyway, don’t understand how an user can know what to wrote in that field. The choose category form was perfect in my opinion. So at the moment this is an huge problem who prevent me from the update in the live website.

I deactivated all the plugin and found a conflict who prevent the visual editor to working fine, I will check it, but nothing about the category problem. How can a user choose a category with that form, and why these are not shoved on my site?

Thanks,
    Emanuele

Stephen Page
    Keymaster

Hey Emanuele,

Thanks for using our plugins! Sorry you are having this issue. We are aware of this and there is a bug ticket already submitted to get it corrected. Our developers will get on it soon and I’ll keep you posted!

For the time being, you can roll back to a previous release if it’s a real issue.

It’s also a good idea to have a staging or testing site set up if you can so you can test plugin updates before putting them up on your live site and affecting your users.

I’m setting this ticket to pending fix so you’ll get notified when the fix has been done.

Cheers,

Stephen

emanuele
    Participant

Dear support,
    after 2 weeks this issue (no matches found in category field) persist on my staging version.
    In the live website I’ve still the previous version, but now my users are notice me there is something wrong (an error occour) when they publish an event by frontend.
    Can I have a little update on what’s going on with the new version of CE and when it will be ready?

Thanks in advice,
    Emanuele

emanuele
    Participant

Another thing, sorry.
    I can’t open a new thread (for another reason) cause I receive an AntiSpam error message. Tryed on more pc and more browser but the problem perist.

Barry

I’m really sorry for the delay here, Emanuele.

Though I still see the problem with categories on your staging site, so long as you are using the latest version of our plugins and you have defined some categories for users to select, this shouldn’t be a problem.

Can you confirm you’ve updated and if you still need help with that problem?

I can’t open a new thread (for another reason) cause I receive an AntiSpam error message. Tryed on more pc and more browser but the problem perist.

Unfortunately we were hit by an influx of spam. That meant a lot of replies from users such as yourself were temporarily trapped and it did also block a number of users from posting new topics … this should be fixed now, though.

emanuele
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    yes I’ve updated everything on my staging website but the issue still persist, as you can see here:
    https://www.staging1.eventimarcheoggi.it/eventi/community/aggiungi

Thanks,
    Emanuele

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Emanuele!

I just wanted to let you know we think this issue is no longer present in our latest release of our plugins. We encourage you to update to the latest versions and try it out.

Please let us know how that goes and don’t hesitate to ask any other question if anything comes up and we’d be happy to assist.

Best!
    Victor

emanuele
    Participant

Hi Support,
    I’ve updated everthing on my website livingsenigallia.it but the issue on the CE form persist as you can see:

https://www.livingsenigallia.it/prossimi-eventi/community/aggiungi

It’s not possible to found any category, it says “no matches found”.

Let me know when you can, cause now the issue is live on the website, and I need to come back at the previous version as soon as possible.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Emanuele,

First off, I would like to apologize for the delay answering.
    We are currently experiencing a higher level of requests than usual.

Please rest assured that we are working hard at correcting this situation.
    We appreciate your patience while we try to normalize things.

I will be handling this thread with you to make sure we get to the bottom of things.

Could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Hang in there!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Issue after last release’ is closed to new replies.