Is this the most recent? :: The Events Calendar PRO Version 4.2 ::

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Is this the most recent? :: The Events Calendar PRO Version 4.2 ::

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mark Metz

My developer has it, but our plugins are old;

The Events Calendar: Community Events Version 4.0.2
    The Events Calendar: Filter Bar Version 4.0.2

So this is why we’re seeing an error message?

Also, having problems such as when location info is added to front end submit form, it’s not coming thru to the back end.
    And we’re getting an extra day added on to multi-day events. IE: an event in back end posted as 11-23 to 11-25 is showing up on front as 11-23 to 11-26.

Trying to figure out exactly which plugin licenses I need to buy.

Thanks

Geoff B.

Good evening Mark and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

The Events Calendar: Community Events Version 4.0.2
    The Events Calendar: Filter Bar Version 4.0.2

So this is why we’re seeing an error message

These versions are outdated. We are at version 4.3 of both of these plugins.

Unfortunately, issues are bound to happen if you are using un-matching versions of our plugin suite.

As an alternative to upgrading, you might want to downgrade all of our non-premium plugins so that they match the version above: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/downgrading-plugin-past-version/

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Mark Metz

So, all three plugins are $89 each, correct?

Is there a package deal?

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Mark,

Yes, these are 89$ each for new licensees and the premium support that comes with it for 1 year.

As far as pricing is concerned, you will be glad to know that at the time of writing, we do offer reduced pricing at renewal.

We also offer different bundles: https://theeventscalendar.com/bundles/

But, unfortunately, there is no specific bundle available for only these 2 plugins.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Mark Metz
    Participant

Ok,

We bought all 3 last night.

So far, so good!

One thing I’m wondering about. On our homepage, we simply display the first 36 upcoming events of all types.

I’d like there to be a way to exclude any recurring events from the home page.

And then have a Page at a different link set up to show only recurring events by default. Like this page, but Repeats only: http://consciousdancer.com/events/

The reason being, is that we have a large and rapidly growing global community, and once everyone starts posting their recurring classes, they will crowd out all of the higher end workshops and destination events from the home page.

Let me know your thoughts on this before I asked my developer to look in the code.

Thanks!

M+

Mark Metz
    Participant

Also… I’ve asked my developer to figure out how to make the location show on the homepage preview thumbnails. Since our events coming in from all over the world, it would be much easier if the city/state or city/country would automatically display with the date info. Right now, my workaround is to add the location to the title, but that’s going to be a pain once users start uploading a lot of their events.

Do you have a simple fix for this, or is it something my guy needs to code?

Thanks!

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Mark,

Thank you for writing back.

I’d like there to be a way to exclude any recurring events from the home page.

So in short, you would like to have a feature similar to the one found under Events -> Settings -> General (Recurring event instances), but for your home page.

That is certainly feasible via some customization.

You would need to add a conditional to your fusion shortcode to check for tribe_is_recurring_event: https://theeventscalendar.com/function/tribe_is_recurring_event/ when the home page is shown.

Unfortunately, the scope of our support is mostly to get our customers started on the right track and to help them in case of issues. We unfortunately do not provide complete support for customization.

And then have a Page at a different link set up to show only recurring events by default.

Here again, I am pretty sure this can be accomplished with some custom page template.
    You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how customization works at a basic level.

I’ve asked my developer to figure out how to make the location show on the homepage preview thumbnails.

At this point, it looks like the shortcode you are using on your homepage was custom built for you (I might be mistaking). In case it is, your developer will be the only one to know how to include that extra info into each thumbnail (that should not be too hard).

As an alternative, if you purchase a copy of our the Events Calendar Pro premium add-on, please note that we just started offering full calendar shortcodes ourselves.

The added benefit of using these is that you can easily add the location yourself using the themer’s guide above.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Is this the most recent? :: The Events Calendar PRO Version 4.2 ::’ is closed to new replies.