Is this a Malware Bug in 3.12.3 of Events Pro?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Is this a Malware Bug in 3.12.3 of Events Pro?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jay
    Participant

Hi,

My software just flagged this error:

File contains suspected malware URL: /home/dailydf0/public_html/redwagonteamcom/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/vendor/lucatume/wp-browser/src/data/formatting/xssAttacks.xml

Is this a bug?

Jay

Jay
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Hi Jay,

Man, thanks SO much for bringing this up!

The good news is that there is no malware. You are totally fine.

The bad news is that it looks like we errantly included some of the files we use in development in the final release and need to remove them and repackage the plugin.

In the meantime, will you please revert back to 3.12.2? You can snag a copy of that here on this site by logging int and heading to My Account > Downloads.

I’m so sorry for the trouble here but am thankful you brought it up early so we can fix it ASAP.

Geoff

Jay
    Participant

I downloaded 3.12.2 and I can’t see the Events menu…just get these notices…Events is down when I reverted.

To begin using Events Calendar PRO, please install the latest version of The Events Calendar.

To begin using The Events Calendar: Facebook Events, please install the latest version of The Events Calendar.

Geoff

You’re still running The Events Calendar 3.12.3 and now have The Events Calendar PRO 3.12.2 in there, right? Make sure The Events Calendar is installed and activated to prevent those notices.

Rob

Hey Jay! Rob from Modern Tribe here. Just wanted to let you know that we just shipped an update (3.12.4) to address this issue. Check it out: https://theeventscalendar.com/release-events-calendar-pro-3-12-4/.

Let us know if you see anything else and thanks again from all of us for reporting this.

Bryan
    Participant

Can I just delete the file xssAttacks.xml from the directory and wait for an automatic upgrade? This error gets called out by security software.

Geoff

Sure, you could do that. However, I’d suggest installing the latest version (3.12.4) instead of touch any core files. You may as well install it manually if you’re planning on going into the directory any way. 🙂

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread since the latest update addresses the issue that was reported here, but please do feel free to hit us up in a new thread if any other questions come up.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Is this a Malware Bug in 3.12.3 of Events Pro?’ is closed to new replies.