Is there a widget/shortcode using Photo View?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Is there a widget/shortcode using Photo View?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant

Hi, new user here who loves the calendar! Former Timely user who should’ve used this calendar from the beginning to avoid headaches!

I’m using the [tribe_mini_calendar] shortcode to display a subset of my events but the list only shows a max of 5 events:
    http://enclavelosangeles.com/weekly-top-picks/

I would love for it to show Photo View and be able to display more than just 5 events like this site:
    http://www.lacitabar.com/

Possible???

Geoff

Hey Tom,

Man, you are so kind. That is one of the kindest openings to a thread I have ever seen and I’m so stoked to have you aboard The Events Calendar. 🙂

That is a good question and I wish I had a better answer, but there is no shortcode for Photo View at the moment. We have just started releasing shortcodes in the last few versions and are starting with the widgets for now, though we are looking into other use cases, such as full views. In fact, it would be awesome and really appreciated if you added your vote to this feature request and provided some details for how you would use shortcodes on your site. We’re trying to gather as much feedback as we can so we can understand how to make shortcodes more useful in future versions.

the list only shows a max of 5 events:

You’re absolutely right. The mini calendar widget shortcode will display a max of five events at the moment. The widget itself does have an option to show more events under Appearance > Widgets, but only in a registered sidebar. We are working on changing this in an upcoming version though, so you have that to look forward to. I’m not exactly sure which release we’re looking at, but it is indeed in the works. 🙂

Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know if you have any other follow-ups here on shortcodes and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Geoff

Tom
    Participant

Thanks for the reply! So the sample site lacitabar.com is not using the Events Calendar, from what you can tell? Or is that a customization using Photo View?

Geoff

Hey Tom, thanks for following up!

Yes, it does indeed appear that site is using The Events Calendar and that the homepage has a custom query for those events.

That’s actually a pretty straightforward customization–add the tribe_get_events() function to the homepage template and use it to loop through upcoming events, only displaying the featured image. We have a tutorial on how that function works that I think you’ll find helpful. 🙂

Did you have any other questions here about the plugin that I can help answer? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Is there a widget/shortcode using Photo View?’ is closed to new replies.