Is there a way to make the search engine a little more “keyword” focused?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Is there a way to make the search engine a little more “keyword” focused?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    John Williams
    Participant

From our client, “On the back end, the search feature is very specific. In other words unless I search for an entry using the exact words initially entered, the results will not pop up.”

Is there a way to make the search function have options such as by date, location, category, etc?

Thank you

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi John!

Thanks for getting in touch with us! Let me help you with this topic.

Unfortunately, the backend search uses the WordPress built-in functionality to search posts.

I recommend you have a look at our Advanced Post Manager plugin > https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-post-manager/ that integrates well with our Events Calendar PRO plugin so you can improve the backend listings with metadata(event start date), taxonomies and more.

I hope that helps and don’t hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Is there a way to make the search engine a little more “keyword” focused?’ is closed to new replies.