Is there a way to have a ticket count as more than 1?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Is there a way to have a ticket count as more than 1?

• This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Kathy.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kathy
    Participant

I need to setup tickets where the price changes based on how many people are sharing a room. If there is a way for me to set a ticket to count as more than one person, then I can do this pretty easily. For example: Single Tickets = $100 . Double Tickets = $175 (count as 2) . Triple Tickets are $225 (count as 3) . Anyway to pull this off??

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Kathy!

Thanks for getting in touch with us! I’d be happy to help you with this topic.

There is no functionality to make one ticket account for two or more spaces (stock)

A workaround is to create separate tickets for each of the cases but assign individual stock taking into account the number of persons each ticket accounts for. For example:

Double Tickets $175 > if there are 100 places available the stock would be 50

If what you are trying to accomplish is applying discounts based on the number of tickets purchased, I’ve found the following WooCommerce extension that you might want to check out > https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-dynamic-pricing/

I hope that helps! 🙂

Best,
    Victor

Kathy
    Participant

I thought of that but the issue is that if is a ‘double’ , ‘triple’ or ‘quad’ all the people are staying in the same hotel room but all need 1 seat each on the bus. So we need a way to group them together (one person does pay). Any recommendations?

More details: We use your software to sell tickets for a bus company who does tours. Most tours are one day so its no big deal, but when they have overnight stays involved then they need to know who is rooming with whom plus there are discounts based on how many people in the room. ANY help appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

Kathy Allen
    Greenlight Websites
    207-200-4126
    [email protected]
    GoGreenLight.ME
    Get Greenlight Connected:
    Website Design ~ Hosting ~ Managed WordPress ~ SEO ~ Spam Filtering ~ Domain Registration ~ Social Media Management

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Kathy!

Thanks for following up with this topic.

I understand the requirement now, but unfortunately I’m not able find an easy way to achieve that with our plugins functionality, if the need is to have all of the attendees registered in separate records.

The only thing that occurs to me, is to create additional fields to gather each traveler information. For example: For Double Tickets, create two required additional fields to gather two traveler’s names.

This won’t create separate attendee records, but will at least give you the names of the travelers. Of course, I’m not sure if this is ideal in a real life scenario or for your specific use case.

Hope that helps. Let m know if any follow up questions.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Is there a way to have a ticket count as more than 1?’ is closed to new replies.