Is there a way to confirm a ticket immediately?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Is there a way to confirm a ticket immediately?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    marlies
    Participant

Hi there,
    I have been testing the Paypal integration in the sandbox, and it seems that you always have to confirm an order first before the customer get the order confirmation. Is there a way to confirm automatically?

Thanks!
    Marlies

Barry

Apparently if products are set to both virtual and downloadable the order will be marked as complete immediately in most cases.

marlies
    Participant

Hi Barry, thanks for your reply. Is there some special setting I have to check for that? Right now I only tested in Sandbox mode so maybe that’s the problem? I have “Grant access to downloadable products after payment” checked.

In other words: how to set a product to both virtual and downloadable?
    Thanks!

marlies
    Participant

Ok I found where I can set a product to both virtual and downloadable. However, unfortunately now I don’t even receive an email saying I’ve received an email. And when I check the orders, the order is there, but it says ‘pending’. Only when I click ‘Complete’, then it sends me the order confirmation and the costumer the ticket. Any ideas? Is this because of sandbox test mode?

It is rather important for my client to receive an update as to whether she’s received an order or not. So it’s kind of crucial 😉 Plus it would be great if the order was automatically marked as complete and the ticket was sent. Not happening still…

Barry

Hmm, afraid I don’t have any further ideas on that one – I suggested the switch to virtual/downloadable (you might have to play with permutations of those, ie just virtual or just downloadable) because others on the forum have found that to be a viable fix.

The only alternative is to return to the default set up and mark the orders complete (or else contrive an automated solution of your own).

There’s not much more I can do on this one, we’ve logged a proposed change but it is still under consideration.

marlies
    Participant

Hmm unfortunately all of the options of virtual/downloadable don’t work:
    – Both virtual & downloadable checked
    – virtual checked
    – downloadable checked

Actually… I set it back to default (well I unchecked ‘virtual’ and ‘downloadable’), and even then I don’t get a confirmation AND the buyer doesn’t get a confirmation. This used to be working. You can check it on the test version of the original site here: vlindermedia.nl/clients/infocus/courses

marlies
    Participant

Ok short update: it is working now! The problem was an unconfirmed email address with paypal… needless stress! 🙂 Thanks!

Barry

No problem, glad it’s working 🙂 I’ll close this thread now, feel free to create new ones as needed.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Is there a way to confirm a ticket immediately?’ is closed to new replies.