is there a limit to how many markers can show on the calendar maps view?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO is there a limit to how many markers can show on the calendar maps view?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    2hardworkerz
    Participant

I have MANY events listed on my calendar yet the number of markers on the calendar map view NEVER goes over 11. Is this a default setting? Can it be changed? If so how can I change it? The value of my MEMBERSHIP website is subscribers being able to quickly see what is available in their area so it is very frustrating that ALL of the markers are not showing up. HELP PLEASE! Thanks!

Barry

Hi!

There is no hard limit that I’m aware of and by default the number of markers should correspond to the number of events listed on the same page, underneath the map.

Of course, if some take place at the same venue it may appear that there are fewer markers. Might that explain things/are you finding something other than this is happening on your site?

2hardworkerz
    Participant

Hi again, okay, let me see if we are both “on the same page” so to speak. From the admin panel, I am clicking on EVENTS and then VIEW CALENDAR and then selecting MAPS view from the drop down menu. And then the list that appears underneath the map corresponds to the venues marked on the map. Okay, after a few minutes I am beginning to understand how the filters work. I guess my question would be: Is there any way to increase the size of the list displayed at one time so that more markers appear on the map at once?

2hardworkerz
    Participant

PS I went into the settings and noticed that I already have the following set:

General Settings

Number of events to show per page: 20

I guess it’s the recurring events at the same venue that’s not showing more markers.

Barry

I’d expect so: your first three upcoming events (at least, as of this morning) all take place at the same venue and I see that same venue is used for some other events further down the list, too: so there will appear to be a single marker for those.

Is there any way to increase the size of the list displayed at one time so that more markers appear on the map at once?

It’s possible (though a fairly advanced customization) to include more markers than there are events/venues on a given page of map view – but that can also result in a confusing user experience and from the sounds of things I’m not too sure that is what you really want here?

Barry

Hi!

It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

• Need help with anything else? Go right ahead and post a new topic, one of the team will be only too happy to help
    • Still need help with this issue and need to re-open it? Again, please simply create a new topic and link to this one to provide the team with some context

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘is there a limit to how many markers can show on the calendar maps view?’ is closed to new replies.