Is it possible to use "additional fields" on a per event basis?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Is it possible to use "additional fields" on a per event basis?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dawn Minch-Cat
    Participant

Is it possible to use specific “additional fields” for specific event posts?
    i.e. can one specify that some additional fields do not apply to every single event, only certain events? An imaginary example might be that some events offer childcare and some do not. When childcare is offered, additional information needs to be included in the event details. I’m just making that example up, but if the structure of childcare information was always the same, then it would be nice to be able to simply turn on the Childcare additional field for that event and then enter the event-specific details (such as price or time or something).

Geoff

Hi northwoods,church! Welcome to the forums. 🙂

That’s an interesting question. It would certainly be neat to make additional fields conditional based on the event/category/tag/view/etc. being used, but unfortunately that’s not something available right out of the box. I wonder if you you have better luck integrating Advanced Custom Fields with The Events Calendar since it provides a deeper level of logic to match specific fields to specific posts.

I really like the way you’re thinking–if you have a moment, I’d it if you posted your idea on our UserVoice forum. We track new feature requests there and I could see how others might find that handy as well.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there! This thread has been quiet for a couple of weeks, so I’m going to go ahead and close it. Please feel free to start a new thread if you still have questions here and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Is it possible to use "additional fields" on a per event basis?’ is closed to new replies.