Is it possible to set categories to membership levels?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Is it possible to set categories to membership levels?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Peter
    Participant

Hi there,

I am setting up a membership site with 5 levels and would like certain categories of events to only be seen in some of the membership levels. For example meeting events for organisers only that the public dont have access to?

Is this possible with the current version? If not would you have any recommendations on how best to achieve this?

Regards
    Peter

Casey
    Participant

pwen,
    Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately, this isn’t currently possible without writing some custom code. You could perform a template override of the ‘single-events.php’ file (see our themer’s guide to learn more about overrides), and write some kind of code to perform your membership check there, in combination with using the tribe_event_in_category() function.

Hopefully that points you in the right direction. Good luck and thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Peter
    Participant

Hi Casey,
    Thanks for the update. Is it possible to create this sort of feature in future updates as it would make this plugin a lot more powerful? Also do you have a list of anyone able to do this sort of thing? Other event options can filter in similar ways so Im hoping its not a deal breaker for the client.

Regards

Peter

Casey
    Participant

Peter,
    If this is something you’d like to see in a future release, I would definitely suggest submitting it as an idea on our UserVoice page. Our team periodically reviews the most popular ideas for possible inclusion in a future release of the plugin.

And unfortunately, I haven’t seen examples of anyone else doing what you’re describing here, but that doesn’t mean it’s not possible with some custom code.

Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Peter
    Participant

Hi Casey,

Thanks for the updates. I have seen a few threads regarding hiding of events some more complex than others. One was to simply to make an event Private under visability but unfortunately this also hides the event under the selected category which means I cannot show this event to the relevant member using categories when they are logged in.

It looks like this is what people want and has been asked for in different ways and therefore very diluted in your current proposal setup so Im not sure if it helps at all to add another. It would also be handy to have some fine tuning filter(s) in your forum as it takes ages to go through all the posts?

Regards

Peter

Casey
    Participant

Peter,
    Thanks for the feedback! While anything is technically possible with some customization, we often can’t provide support for more complex customizations like the one you’re describing due to our limited support resources. If you’d like to see this in a future version of the plugin, then the best place to suggest new features like this is definitely our UserVoice Page, since we’re actively reviewing user suggestions there at the beginning of each development cycle.

Your suggestions regarding the shortcomings of our forum search are definitely not lost on us! We’re always looking to improve our support tools, and are actively developing some enhancements in this area, even as I type this reply. Hopefully we’ll have more announcements in this area soon. πŸ™‚

Just let me know if that helps to answer your questions, or if I can clear anything up further. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Is it possible to set categories to membership levels?’ is closed to new replies.