Is it possible to run Google Maps from Lat/Long data?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Is it possible to run Google Maps from Lat/Long data?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rtwdave
    Participant

I’ve installed the Events Calendar Pro plugin on my blog at http://medellinliving.com/events-calendar however Google Maps has difficulty with addresses in Medellin, Colombia. As a result, the map function is wasted because it can’t properly locate specific addresses in most instances. I’ve temporarily disabled the maps.

I had a custom maps plugin created for me on the blog earlier this year, and it allows me to enter specific latitude and longitude coordinates, which are A LOT more precise.

Example (see bottom of post): http://medellinliving.com/constantino-french-food/

Is there any way this feature can be added to a future release? If not, is it something I can have custom coded now? My only worry about custom coding is that I’d lose the functionality when the next version of the plugin comes out.

Loving the plugin so far, thanks!

Barry

That’s a popular request and is in fact the second one I’ve seen this morning already! I’ll note your interest for sure, if you have time and are game to either add your voice to an existing entry on our UserVoice page (or even create a new one) for this feature then that would further help to ensure we have a full sense of how much demand there is for this.

Thanks!

rtwdave
    Participant

Done, and done. Thanks!

Barry

Thank you – for your support and for taking the time to post the request. I’ll go ahead and close this thread since I think we’re all good here for the time being (at least, we can’t do anything in the short term) – of course if there is anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new thread.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Is it possible to run Google Maps from Lat/Long data?’ is closed to new replies.