Is it possible to put a list of events in a regular post?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Is it possible to put a list of events in a regular post?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

We use Events Pro for a non-profit organization website. Our members love the calendar. I also have a widget listing events from a category and that gets good response.

I’ve had a few requests to be able to see “all events from a category” in one place. (For example, all the “training” events listed in one place.)

I know I can do that in the widget … but my users want all events from a certain category listed for the entire year, not just “x” number of events. (Note: They want to keep the “List” view on the calendar which shows all events, so what they want is an additional “category-filtered” type of list view.)

My first thought was to put the list in a regular WordPress Post or Page. Is that possible at all?

Or would it be better to create a “category-filtered list view” for this type of thing?

Neill

Hi David,

Thanks for your question. My initial answer, and the quickest response, would be to just use the category generated URL. For example for your training events you’r particular URL for all the training would be: http://district10.org/calendar/category/training-2/

You could maybe create a menu item for each of your categories and assign the correct category URL to each category.

If this isn’t quite what you are looking for give me a little more detail and we’ll see if we can point you in the right direction.

Neill

Rachel
    Participant

Hello, I am looking for somethign similiar (I think.) I need to put on a page (not a widget) the next 5 events. Is there an easy way to automate that?

Thanks, Kevin

Neill

Hi Kevin,

Were the next 5 events category specific? Or just the next 5 events in general?

Neill

Rachel
    Participant

Hello Neill,
    I just need code that shows the next 5 events in general. It will be posted on the right side of a page I created in wordpress but it is not a widget. Does that help?
    Thanks,
    Kevin

Neill

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the clarification. As this is a little bit more of a customization I woulds say its a outside of the scope of our support on this forum. Have you tried reading up on the themers guide: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide/. I’d also have a read through the documentation: http://docs.tri.be/Events-Calendar/

I think the short answer would be that this isn’t just a shortcode that can be added to the page. You would more then likely have to write a query to handle this efficiently.

Hope that gets you started, and you find a solution that works well for your site.

Neill

thisismarkc
    Participant

Hi there.

Love the template.

The widgets at the top of my site, below the navigation pull from post categories and I don’t have the option to select event categories. Is there a way that I can assign post categories to events?

HOME

Neill

Hi thisismafkc,

This is kind of similar to the original question but probably different enough to be its own thread. WOuld you mind asking this in your own thread? That way we can address what you need separately, and it may be a specific help to other users that might have a similar issue.

I took a look at your site and I think I understand what you’re looking for but if you can maybe give us a scenario or example of what you are looking for that would clarify things a little more (Screen shots: even better!). Thanks so much!

Neill

thisismarkc
    Participant
    Leah

Thanks thisismarkc, we appreciate it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Is it possible to put a list of events in a regular post?’ is closed to new replies.